Sticky Gear! >8 (

Justin

Hey guy i have a butttpack that had duct tap on it not cover up a hole or rip so i removed it, after removeing the tap the pack was very sticky anyway to get the left over "stick" of the bag without ruin the old aged look? i did hand wash it but dident really help much.

Thanks! guys

thumbsup.gif;):lol:

Justin

You can try dabbing the material with goof off.It is a paint/adhesive remover.you have to be careful as it can also remove the coloring dye from the material also.There are some natural based citrus cleaners that may work also and these are less harsh.

RON

New Romantic

Try some Gojo, but make sure it's the non-abrasive kind. First you apply it to the residue without water to emulsify the gunk then after you lather it up, wash it off with water. However, I'm not sure if the Gojo will affect the colour of your pack.

Simple green may also do it. I used that to remove tape residue from a polished wood floor and it worked perfectly!

If all else fails, which is unlikely, then just trade in your buttpack for a better one. I'm assuming your pack is Vietnam era?

Try some Gojo, but make sure it's the non-abrasive kind. First you apply it to the residue without water to emulsify the gunk then after you lather it up, wash it off with water. However, I'm not sure if the Gojo will affect the colour of your pack.

Simple green may also do it. I used that to remove tape residue from a polished wood floor and it worked perfectly!

If all else fails, which is unlikely, then just trade in your buttpack for a better one. I'm assuming your pack is Vietnam era?

Yes vietnam buttpack