A Vietnam war era Operation Ranch Hand patch

Patchcollector

• 10 months later...

Gordon Hay-Chapman

We have a patch for you, from a flying mate of your Dads. (Maj. James "Geech" Hamilton) Contact me with an address and you will find a patch in your mailbox.

Joe Potter (Vice President of the Ranch Hand Vietnam Association)

Thank you and sorry it took so long to get back you have pm Gordon

• 3 years later...
maoribattalion

Hey does anyone know what agent orange related patch might have been worn by guys in the 4th infantry/pleiku from around mid 1966 to mid 1967? My dad sprayed dioxin during that period. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, maoribattalion said:

Hey does anyone know what agent orange related patch might have been worn by guys in the 4th infantry/pleiku from around mid 1966 to mid 1967? My dad sprayed dioxin during that period. 

These guys were primarily in the Air Force, but if individual Aviation Units of Army Divisions or Separate Brigades or the Army's 1st Aviation Brigade performed these missions with their helicopters or fixed wing airplanes we imagine they probably were in these units aviation battalions and or companies, and may or may not of had one of those locally apporved pocket patches, but that needs to be seen.

maoribattalion
10 hours ago, patches said:

These guys were primarily in the Air Force, but if individual Aviation Units of Army Divisions or Separate Brigades or the Army's 1st Aviation Brigade performed these missions with their helicopters or fixed wing airplanes we imagine they probably were in these units aviation battalions and or companies, and may or may not of had one of those locally apporved pocket patches, but that needs to be seen.

Thanks for the info! as far as I know, my dad was an Army platoon sergeant in the 4th infantry/Pleiku and his tour was june 1967 to may 1968.  He sprayed agent orange on foot and sometimes with a truck. the group he would take out was roughly 5-10 guys. I don’t think he was connected to any aviation units so I imagine the patch would be somewhat obscure. Nevertheless, with a handle like Patches, if there was one, you’d probably have seen it. Thanks again for the info! 

On 11/30/2021 at 5:55 AM, maoribattalion said:

Thanks for the info! as far as I know, my dad was an Army platoon sergeant in the 4th infantry/Pleiku and his tour was june 1967 to may 1968.  He sprayed agent orange on foot and sometimes with a truck. the group he would take out was roughly 5-10 guys. I don’t think he was connected to any aviation units so I imagine the patch would be somewhat obscure. Nevertheless, with a handle like Patches, if there was one, you’d probably have seen it. Thanks again for the info! 

Was he an 11B?

maoribattalion
12 hours ago, patches said:

Was he an 11B?

Not that I know of. here are a couple photos. Not sure if they indicate something i overlooked. 

FDF2689C-2EDD-4830-9270-EC3CFDB353CD.jpeg

3314803C-2677-4DFF-9A25-66F64D6596BE.jpeg

E9C3EAF5-392F-49FD-A0C1-D73B9A9C2833.jpeg