Impulse buy, what do you think!, update

Welshman

Hi

If anyone seen my post on the 12th of Sept, they would know that the garand bayonet and scabbard I bought was not in the best of condition, to say the least :blush: , well after a bit of work, on the hand guard/rifle attachment, and to the metal at top of scabbard, and making a belt hanger bracket, then yesterday I received the parts from a American dealer, well it wont win the garand bayonet of the year award, but its mine :D .

For some reason photo 1 came out as 2?

Welshman

post-123228-0-91957900-1380708081.jpg

post-123228-0-23043300-1380708096.jpg

Thank you Ian, I'll have to save up now for the Garand Carbine :D

You can start by buying some lottery scratch-cards!

Great restoration!

Thank you Patchcollector, Its been interesting project, if I had just gone out bought a complete working bayonet, I would have never knew how it worked, as to attaching it to the carbine, not only that, I think I give it back some of its history.

Thank you Patchcollector, Its been interesting project, if I had just gone out bought a complete working bayonet, I would have never knew how it worked, as to attaching it to the carbine, not only that, I think I give it back some of its history.

Dave...it's for the M1 rifle...not the M1 carbine! ;)

Thank you sactroop, I think my days of hunting are well over :blush:

I was referring to your trip to malvern. I don't find the wet and cold as much fun as I used to. :)

Dave...it's for the M1 rifle...not the M1 carbine! ;)

Whoops, thought Carbine, was another name for the Rifle :blush:;)

I was referring to your trip to malvern. I don't find the wet and cold as much fun as I used to. :)

I'll get my brain (1 cell) into gear next time :rolleyes:

Very nice job!

Thank you Tony, Old Marine, Cary91. I'm really pleased with it, only thing now, I'm like a kid with a new toy :blush:, that's all I'm doing is, taken it out of the scabbard wiping it over then replacing it.

can you own M1 Garand rifles in your country? or do they have to be de-activated [non firing] ?

it would look nice mounted on a well used M1 rifle

sometimes they wrapped OG duct tape on the scabbard to fix a damaged scabbard

can you own M1 Garand rifles in your country? or do they have to be de-activated [non firing] ?

it would look nice mounted on a well used M1 rifle

sometimes they wrapped OG duct tape on the scabbard to fix a damaged scabbard

Hi BOLO

Ian said it for me, thank you, yes I would like to see it on a to a M1 Garand rifle, deacts are going for over a £1000, over here, I'm glad you mentioned the scabbard, what I've been thinking (headache), try and repair it, by mixing epoxy resin, and moulding powder, and if I can build up the damaged part, sandpaper/file into shape, then paint it with olive drab, that I've been using on my helmets. What I need though, is a photo of the scabbard tip, to get the shape, and length from tip of scabbard to where the bayonet fits in.