WW2 Fighter Pilots

38Driver

• 3 months later...

It's been quiet on the pilot photo front. Only one I've come across recently is this one of Lt. Louis Viecks, in his 395th FS, 368th FG, 9th AF P47D "Second Front". Note the relatively rare Malcom Hood on his Jug. Of course the RAF Type C is evident :)

post-68384-0-71084600-1408595290.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Another Jug pilot. His early RAF Type C helmet is interesting to me as I'm not sure what he's covered the receiver cups with. Doesn't look like the usual tape job.

You may already know this , the pilot in this photo is wearing the emblem for the 315th Fighter Squadron(2nd version) 1st version of the Squadron patch was Bugs bunny laying on cloud with machine gun , from the 324th Fighter Group.

Also you may want to try posting your 'Unknowns" on facebook as they have a couple of P-51/P-47,P-38 etc pages, also on ArmyAirForces.com

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lt. James Garrison 21st FG Mustang pilot dressed for the part. He flew Mustangs from Iwo Jima on the VLR Missions. I have his B-10 as the pride of my little collection.

Nice to see a B5 in the mix too don't see too many wartime pics using this late war life preserver

missed your thread on your Type C .....can you give me the link...great story on your helmet....