Quad 50's - LeClaire, Iowa War Memorial

MWalsh

This was the first time I had ever actually seen quad 50's as a war memorial in a public park. They are just not the usual cannon or tank one encounters.

With that in mind, I thought I would pst some pics of them.

MW

post-440-0-10927700-1379392347.jpg

An unusual "monument", but as always with these outdoor exhibits, rust is sadly beginning to take its toll. Someone needs to sweep off those bugs every once in a while! :o Do kids get to play on it sometimes or is there a "Keep Off" sign?

An unusual "monument", but as always with these outdoor exhibits, rust is sadly beginning to take its toll. Someone needs to sweep off those bugs every once in a while! :o Do kids get to play on it sometimes or is there a "Keep Off" sign?

To heck with the kids Ian, you know you want to play on this as badly as I do!!

CB

Cobrahistorian

Is it anchored in place? One of the reasons we don't see more M55 Quads (M45D turret on M20 trailer) as monuments is because they're pretty darn easy to move! I've got three M55s and one guy can pretty much manhandle a Quad around without too much trouble.

Definitely looks like that one's seen better days, but I will say the paint looks fairly new and externally it looks pretty good. It definitely needs some ammo cans though!

Jon