Post your favorite helicopter

SergeantMajorGray

Hard choice since there are a lot of awesome helicopters out there. But I'll have to say the Black Hawk certainly is one of my favorites simply because that's the image I see thinking of a helicopter.

Cobrahistorian

Nope. Apache, hands down

Is there any question about which is the best???

Thank you, thank you very much, I'll be here all night...

Nope. Apache, hands down

Thank you, thank you very much, I'll be here all night...

Doing everything but flying! You know what they say about the differences between an Apache and a Hoover vacuum cleaner......

I spent my army years in OH-58 Kiowas, the older A/C versions, flying low and marking enemy positions for the Apaches with our burning wreckage. Scouts Out!

post-32676-0-76739900-1378690769.jpg

That's photoshopped! No, really, I do like the Apache. It makes is the sole aircraft that makes the Blackhawk that much cooler ;) By the way, getting my FLIR training tomorrow night, Will take an hour to be signed off, how long does it take an Apache pilot to qual? ;) You know I love ya brother, gotta have Apache pilots around, poker is so much funner to have someone to take money from.

Cobrahistorian

That's photoshopped! No, really, I do like the Apache. It makes is the sole aircraft that makes the Blackhawk that much cooler ;) By the way, getting my FLIR training tomorrow night, Will take an hour to be signed off, how long does it take an Apache pilot to qual? ;) You know I love ya brother, gotta have Apache pilots around, poker is so much funner to have someone to take money from.

FLIR, huh? Any idiot can qualify with Gen 3 FLIR. Try flying the Bag on Gen 1 FLIR! Pucker factor through the roof!

Honestly, I've got all the respect in the world for the Blackhawk. It's a great platform that's matured very well. The Mike is a beast. But it is amusing as all hell when Hawk guys find out you're a -64 driver. It's like blood in the water to them and they've just gotta start picking.... must be trying to compensate for something.... ;)

I always love watching the Sea Stallion fly over.

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

Heavy Metal, Shitters, Sea Stallions, Super Stallions, anything in the H-53 Family is awesome.

My favorite is the Ch-53E Super Stallion.

How's the air conditioning?

Look Jon, no one pilot is forced to look at the back of another man's head! I too, look forward to the day I can move over to the Lacota so that I can put overseas deployments behind me, not have to worry about sweating to death. I'm jealous

Our AC isnt bad though. There is nothing like flying doors open on a hot day. It has actually been approved for us to remove the pilot and copilot doors but we havent tried it yet. I can just see our pilots dropping their Iphones, drink bottles, and knee boards out.