but i m not sure if it s original ww 2 era

i think the rank insignias are repros?

this jacket is extremely small and short

i thnk the ivy patch is good

post-130493-0-88525300-1378246277.jpg

post-130493-0-10031000-1378246298.jpg

Tu Felix Austria

oh okey

thought the jacket is from world war two, bought it in a set with a entlisted man s Service cap and a Khaki mohair necktie

were These uniform parts still worn during the korean war?

kyhistorian01

1946-1950 period Ike jacket. Nothing wrong with it and patches are right for the period. They wore Ike's though 1955 when the Green uniform came in. Nice find

As mentioned, a Ike worn sometime after 1951, by virtue of the Ranks, Olive Drab on Blue Twill, the type that was "Officialy adopted for wear after the Army abolished the small 1948 regulation chevrons in October 1951, the very first large types used however were the ones that were on hand, the WWII types, the OD on Blue? photographic evidence that I have seen so far indicated their first signifcant use from the spring of 1952 on, AND worn along side the WWII types, never totally replacing the WWII types up to the very end of there autherized wear, though the new OD on Blue type was the more prevalent type for sure.

Anyway your Ike would have been worn either when the 4th Division was in Germany after 1951 till June 1956, (it first got there in May 1951), or Fort Lewis Washington State June 1956 till such a time the troops were ORDERED to stop wearing the OD Ike, and start wearing the new Army Green 44 uniform, which will take this into the very late 50s, cut off date the the Enlistedmans OD Class A uniform being 1 October 1960, but the majority of Army EMs both in the Regulars and Reserve Components had put away the old ODs by that time really.

I have an similar jacket from 43rd Inf. div., also short like yours. I think they are shorted by the owner. My jacket has also been modified with an zipper instead of buttons and has three small snap buttons on the pocket flaps instead of one big plastic button.

I can´t tell If it´s an M1944 or an M1946 Ike jacket, i don´t know the difference. Is´t the pocket tag readable?

I have an similar jacket from 43rd Inf. div., also short like yours. I think they are shorted by the owner. My jacket has also been modified with an zipper instead of buttons and has three small snap buttons on the pocket flaps instead of one big plastic button.

I can´t tell If it´s an M1944 or an M1946 Ike jacket, i don´t know the difference. Is´t the pocket tag readable?

Yeah, what's the tag say, it could be an MQ1, in fact that's what it probably is, i,m seeing the type waist tab jutting out on the left side, a pointy tab. Plus it's short cut, another hallmark of a MQ1

• 3 years later...

Here is a pic of the label that s inside the right front pocket

So is that jacket an ww2 era one with post war ranks or what?

regards

That's a WWII one, WWII era IKE's continued to issued and worn along side the new MQ1s and M1951. The IKE member kai robert mentioned he had sounded like a MQ1, but not yours, yours is WWII.

Here is a pic of the label that s inside the right front pocket

So is that jacket an ww2 era one with post war ranks or what?

regards

WW2 uniforms, web gear, rank insignia, helmets and equipment were issued, turned in and re-issued well into the Korean conflict and beyond, and in the case of helmets and liners, clear into the 1980's! This is absolutely a 1944 pattern Ike, with a 1945 manufacture date re-issued for the Korean war.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

1945 Ike worn post war. The rank is post war. The subdued 4th ID patch is post war.

This uniform was not worn during ww2 as it is currently configured.

Worn that late, the dark shade 55 necktie would have been worn.

The easiest way to spot the difference between a M44 (&MQ1) is to look at the cuffs. If they button, they are the earlier pattern. The M1950 has barrel cuffs without buttons.

G

1945 Ike worn post war. The rank is post war. The subdued 4th ID patch is post war.

The 4th patch isnt subdued.Thats a typical WW2 through 50s

4th patch until the white back round was adopted..

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned by Doyler, the OD background version late 1918-19 to 1958-59.

See more IVY Div shoulder patches throughout the years here Chris,

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19-4th-infantry-division/