Show your AAF Uniforms!

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

I wanna see them all folks! Dress uniform, summer uniform, Ikes, foreign made, even regular enlisted I want to see them! Bring em' out and dust em' off and show em' off whether their rare or not. They are all special!

2013-08-21 21.26.57.jpg

Hello d-w-i-v!

I'm very glad that you started this thread. I would like to add these examples I have to your thread (selfishly) as a reminder for me. These are all I have left of my AAF uniforms having liquidated about 80% of my 200+ uniform collection over the past several years. There comes a time when you know that some things have to move into another collector's hands, even though you've care for them for most of your life it's time to let them go so someone else, younger in years can give them the proper care they deserve. At the same time it makes me feel good they are in good hands!

Not much too rare here, just my favorites that I hung onto for various reasons, most of these will go before the year is out. The one I'll keep on as long as I can is the ATC uniform, I just love that one!

So with no further ado here they are, hopefully others will post some REAL beauties,! Even though I don't have the space or ability to care for them I still love lookin' ^_^

Best wishes to you!

Joe

post-48324-0-37776800-1377815808.jpgpost-48324-0-37776800-1377815808.jpg

That ATC uniform is a keeper for sure! Any history to it?

Here's my addition to the thread. It's a British Battle Dress jacket used by an AAC Lt. I also have his matching BD pants too, plus his AAC uniforms. Not too sure on what he did as there are no other ribbons besides his ETO on this uniform. I also have one other AAC group to a 9th AF AAA unit but that will have to for another day.

IMAG0303_zps1386e4e1.jpg

doinworkinvans

Looking good so far guys! Love the British battle jackets. THey are beautiful! And thanks for sharing yours JMAR that ATC is absolutely stunning

My only World War II uniform. I found the appropriate dress shirt at the vintage store, but this photo was taken before I had said shirt. Both the coat and shirt are in my exact size, 40R and 16x33 respectfully. I've heard it's not that easy to find the coats in bigger sizes.

84dab8f3.jpg

doinworkinvans

Very nice - It is not easy at all on the bigger sizes. Not to mention yours still has some pizzazz to it and hasn't been stripped down!

strawberry 9

USAAF Captain's Dress Jacket

Ribbon bars contain a Purple Heart ribbon, Air Medal ribbon with three oak leaves, American Defense ribbon, American Campaign ribbon, European/African/Middle Eastern Campaign ribbon with four battle stars and a WWII Victory ribbon. Above the ribbons is a Pilot Wings bullion patch.

post-100432-0-17279100-1377879405.jpg

@jmar....those are very fine examples of re-tailored jackets. Would you care to add them to this reference thread which I created to illustrate the variety of such jackets? Thank you.

Ian

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/126317-officers-and-ems-re-tailored-ikes/?hl=%2Bre-tailored+%2Bikes

doinworkinvans

Ricardo you have some might fine examples - the CBI is really, really sharp!!

Sabre - that nav uniform is some kind of lovely. The shoes are what did it for me! 100% complete B)

Keep em' coming guys...I am loving this!

"Keep em' flying!"