This is the original 6th Field Maintenance Squadron Insignia approved 09 Aug 1958 while the unit was stationed at Walker AFB, NM. The squadron stood down at Walker AFB on 25 Mar 1967. The same day, the 6th Strategic Wing stood up the same day at Eielson AFB, Alaska with a reconnaissance mission. The new 6th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (Unit retained the 6th FMS Lineage) A new insignia was approved Feb 1969.
Terry L Horstead