Record Price for U.S. WWI Victory Medal!

Started by bobgee , Apr 15 2008 09:00 AM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

EBay_WWI_Victory_Mims_2.jpg EBay_WWI_Victory_Mims_1.jpg pg]

FYI - This fine, single WWI Victory medal, with the reverse of the 2 Bars (Meuse-Argonne & Defensive Sector) engraved to the USMC recipient, a Private & member of the 6th Machine Gun Battalion and a recipient of a Silver Citation Star, sold yesterday on EBay for $1,007.00!!!!!!!! ASTOUNDING, I think!
Semper Fi.....Bobgee

#2 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

EBay_WWI_Victory_Mims_2.jpg EBay_WWI_Victory_Mims_1.jpg

FYI - This fine, single WWI Victory medal, with the reverse of the 2 Bars (Meuse-Argonne & Defensive Sector) engraved to the USMC recipient, a Private & member of the 6th Machine Gun Battalion and a recipient of a Silver Citation Star, sold yesterday on EBay for $1,007.00!!!!!!!! ASTOUNDING, I think!
Semper Fi.....Bobgee

Just noticed my heading is in error - It sold Yesterday, which was April 14th. Frankly, for a grand, I would have liked some more of Pvt. Mims' stuff!! :D

#3 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)