Field of Dreams Car Auction, Sept 2013, Pierce, NE

gwb123

Every now and then, it is interesting to see what is happening in other fields of collecting.

This story is so remarkable it has made the national media.

There was a car dealer from Pierce, Nebraska who accepted used cars as trade ins, but chose not to sell them in favor of new cars. Over the years he parked over 500 unsold vehicles both in storage and in the fields of his family's farm.

The family has decided to sell these, as well as a shop full of new old stock car parts. Condition ranges from project car to collector grade.

This is the thing that all collectors dream of... that hidden away treasure trove that has been waiting for someone to discover it or bring it to market. Some of these cars have less then 10 miles on them!

It will be interesting to see what the auction results bring.

Enjoy! I am half tempted to make the two hour drive just to see it all.

For those who cannot make it in person, you can bid on line.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/AuctionsByCompany.asp?ahid=1530&gclid=COyPpb2EhrkCFYwWMgod-XwAxw

they talked about this on the local news here a couple weeks ago. It really is an amazing story, However from all the pictures and videos I have seen it looks like the majority of the cars are 4 doors, and will most likely be bought by collectors for parts. Cause in my experience most car collectors are not interested in the 4 door versions.