What type of mini-series do you think would be cool?

ryksem

I was looking online and saw HBO was possibly going to make a third mini-series about WW2 aviation warfare. Anyone think of something they thought sounded like a cool mini-series they wish would get made? I think a Vietnam war one would be sweet...what do you guys think?

• 2 months later...
27thdivcollector

I would like to see a mini series made about the 27th division in WW1. When you read about what those New York boys faced on the Hindenburg Line! Also those Harlem Boys, the 15th New York who faced the usual bigotry and racism but who went on to prove time and time again that a black American soldier has to stand second in line to no-one. Both of these units story needs to be told to a wider audience.

A 1950's USAF series so there would be some real cool clothing and even better background music to go with it !!!

LB

I would really like to see a mini series covering the history of the Marine Corps. Maybe a Ken Burns style documentary. I don't understand why there are very few documentaries on the Corps. I never see anything at all like this on the military or history channels. Kevin

Guess the first one didn't take---as said----- Jimmy Doolittles life ------ with no Hollywood add ons---- and no PC stuff -ya know what I mwan?

claymore

Charles B. MacDonald's classic WWII memoir, COMPANY COMMANDER, would make a great mini-series. That book has been in almost continuous print since 1947. He even wrote a stage play version of the book which his daughter may possess.

I would like to see a Band of Brothers style mini series about the 187th ARCT during the KW.......mike

RAKKASAN !!!

Now this I agree with...

Leigh

27thdivcollector

A 1950's USAF series so there would be some real cool clothing and even better background music to go with it !!!

LB

Carl, they could make a mini-series about the Del-Vikings, I think they all started out in the usaf singing Doo-Wop!

I'm reading a book called Charlie Company: What Vietnam Did To Us and I think it would make a good series, they talked to the vets like they did for Band of Brothers and I feel like it would be very good.

@warguy- yeah I wish history channel would actually make some documentaries sometime instead of the same shows they got on all the time now. military channel at my house only has WW2 shows, which are interesting but it's always the same ones everyday.

I would like to see a mini series based on the book "Those Devils in Baggy Pants" by Ross Carter, a 504th Vet who was in Sicilyto the Bulge. I think that would be great as Band of Brothers made everyone envy the 101 but those guys were still in the U.S. when the 82nd was fighting in Italy!

I would like to see a mini series based on the book "Those Devils in Baggy Pants" by Ross Carter, a 504th Vet who was in Sicilyto the Bulge. I think that would be great as Band of Brothers made everyone envy the 101 but those guys were still in the U.S. when the 82nd was fighting in Italy!

Yeah I would like to see that one get made!

I would like to see a POW mini- series based on the officers captured and sent to OFLAG 64 in Poland. These men were marched and transported to Hammelburg Germany and were part of the POWs involved in the failed rescue attempt by TF Baum.

I primarily don't want a series to made on the specific subjects I like (for example, thinking a war correspondent series would be best).

I do, however, feel that a US in WW1 series is screaming to be made, and I don't even care which unit it's about. I think this is a time period that is ridiculously missing from cinema in general.

And unlike many of the other proposals above, a doughboy series is a realistic goal as you only have the expense of the uniforms and equipment. You don't need a specific landscape or expensive vehicles/aircraft other than a few W1 trucks and a couple of biplanes at best. The doughboy's eye view of the war would only need people, uniforms and personal gear, and a chewed up landscape...

I primarily don't want a series to made on the specific subjects I like (for example, thinking a war correspondent series would be best).

I do, however, feel that a US in WW1 series is screaming to be made, and I don't even care which unit it's about. I think this is a time period that is ridiculously missing from cinema in general.

And unlike many of the other proposals above, a doughboy series is a realistic goal as you only have the expense of the uniforms and equipment. You don't need a specific landscape or expensive vehicles/aircraft other than a few W1 trucks and a couple of biplanes at best. The doughboy's eye view of the war would only need people, uniforms and personal gear, and a chewed up landscape...

You know people will expect tanks though..

As much as I would like to see a WWI series or film centered around Doughboys, I just don't know how realistic the chances are of that happening. If anything, the trend has always been to center around something different, more unique..smaller unit, etc.

I can definitely see a WWI USMC feature being possible, or a WWI aviation one too. But the WWI Doughboy experience just doesn't seem to attract as much interest from people.

Hopefully we'll see if that changes as the centennial rolls around.

I would love to see the book "And If I Perish - Front line Nurses in WWII" made into a mini-series. The book follows them from landing in the first wave of D-Day in North Africa thru the end of the war. It would sure be an eye-opener to a LOT of people about what women actually went thru during the war.

...Kat

I would watch that for sure!

There are only so many times I need to see a paratrooper show/film, their exploits are already well known. I would like to see things which are less well known make it to the screen, so I would be happy to see one about Army nurses!

RC