A Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hi all,
Here is a SHAEF patch that I just acquired.It appears to be of bullion and (wool?)felt construction,with a few holes that look to be moth nips.
The seller ID'd this as WW2 era,but I'm guessing it to be of postwar German occupation manufacture.If anyone can confirm or correct this info I would appreciate it.

Sellers pics.

Thanks!

post-13386-0-23360900-1375808163.jpg

post-13386-0-35488200-1375808177.jpg

Probably early occupation period, would date 45 to 50 at latest. It still a nice item to have in your collection, lot of varieties of this one, including several with unit ID tabs or arc's across the top of Patch above the rainbow.

Patchcollector

Thanks Gentlemen for the correct ID and date of use info.And I agree Ed,the bullion work looks fantastic.I will post some closeup detail shots as soon as I receive it.

Nice patch! I was bidding against you on that one but ended up able to snag the felt USAREUR the seller also had for sale instead. We both got nice patches--these are fun variations to collect!

-Johannes

Patchcollector

Nice patch! I was bidding against you on that one but ended up able to snag the felt USAREUR the seller also had for sale instead. We both got nice patches--these are fun variations to collect!

-Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Yes,I remember the felt USAREUR patch.I'm glad that you got it.The seller had some nice pieces in his auction.

I'm just starting to pick up some postwar theatre made patches and I have seen many variations too.