M1 Bazooka

BC312

Any collectors here have an original M1 Bazooka, i am after some reference photo's to check out some drawings i done quite a few years ago. I managed to have the chance to take measurements of the early M1 Bazooka with ambidextrous front and rear sight, with the two grips. The contact box was removed and converted to the later M1A1 arrangement with the two contact points which the rocket wiring contacted to. The grips and shoulder stock are slightly different to the M1A1 in the way they are attached to the tube but saying that there seems to be many variations of the M1 and M1A1 Bazookas. The original Bazooka that i got the measurements from and i went back and forth to check sizes was at the Army museum in Chelsea London, unfortunately i was not allowed to take reference photo's. This Bazooka was donated to a museum in Devon by the US army just after the war and ended up in the museum in London, it was in mint condition and was converted as most M1s were to take the later type rocket with no contact band. I have posted elsewhere on this site but the last posting was about 2008, so i reckon the guy has either sold it etc.

I have a M1 converted to M1A1 as well, though mine is a slightly later one as it does have the duel grips but the sites are only on one side. What info do you need?

I have a M1 converted to M1A1 as well, though mine is a slightly later one as it does have the duel grips but the sites are only on one side. What info do you need?

Thanks for for offering to help out, i need some pictures of the grip arrangement 'both grips' how they are situated to the metal strip that is in turn welded to the tube and the same with the shoulder stock. Not sure how the metal grip arrangement is on your Bazooka is as some were a one piece design so the top of the metal grip (without the wood) was bent over and spot welded in place. The design i copied was welded to a flat strip and then welded to the tube, bit like a T piece.

Just want to check that the two grips and shoulder stock frame is centre to the flat pieces these are welded too. Hope that makes sense.

• 5 years later...