Pattern 1904 collar EGA's for Officer's Service uniform

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Yes, I read the TM over again yesterday (the 1904 & 1908 revision) before the post and to validate my own feelings about the general character as well. My sense is, these were likely made in 1908... following the general pattern of development for the period. That change being the addition of the "stempling" of the globe to enhance the rather bland appearance of the continents. We're of the same thought process here, I will state right up front not to be any authority on the outfitters of a hundred years ago, but, I am inclined to think there were many more that were really "merchants" of the time... rather than "jobbers" whom actually made and or produced an emblem and or badges. And therefore wanted to insure "their product" held their identify and assured some resales as well.

The interesting side bar to this is the fact there were only 778 Officers to have served during the entire span of 1891 to the start of WW1. That's a very small number and is reflected in how many of these pieces available from sellers, at auction or in collections such as those that folks have been willing to share with us here.

I will get the dress emblem & service emblem, side by side pic's up ASAP. s/f Darrell

Damn, Darrell, you're good with that camera! No doubt these birds came out of the same nest. Thanks for posting such fine pics.

Semper Fi,,,,,Bobgee

teufelhunde.ret
No doubt these birds came out of the same nest. Semper Fi,,,,,Bobgee

Bob, I agree as the dimple in the globe on post #35 on both the dress and service emblems are remarkably the same in character. One element is different on both, note the different positioning of the eagle and anchor on the globe on post #28. The eagle on the service emblem is directly on top and the anchor stock drooped further away from the wing. Note how the dress emblem was assembled. By accident or intent?