USAF Security Forces RBR Flex 35 Vest

Nkomo

RBR Flex 35 with a manufacture date of September 2004 (no soft armor or hard plates). These were used by USAF Security Forces in Iraq.

001.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi NEKMO, saw your vest on the site and hadn't seen one before. Is it strictly an equipment vest with the PALS nylon webbing? The vest has no ballistic integrity by itself? And you said no plate carrier pockets. Very interesting if it is a load bearing vest only.

I have some photos of LBVs and ballistic vests that will be coming out in volume 3 of Into the Blue, Fatigues to the ABU. I just tried to attach one but the photos are more than the program can handle. Sorry.

Thanks

Lance

Lance, The RBR body armor does have soft armor and hard plates. I have handled one myself. What Nkomo meant is the vest he has is missing soft inserts and hard plates.

Thank you for clarifying that Merc, I have a series of vests that can be either load bearing, ballistic, plate carriers or any of the above. Since I have been out of the field but trying to stay abreast of new equipment I appreciate any information I can get. I wrote the books Into the Blue and am working on volume 3 which will include field gear. The Air Force and Field Gear? What do we need field gear for? Maybe a new typewriter (shows how old I am) but I have a good mix of then and now. It's guys like you that help me explain what's new. Thank you again.

Lance

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry I missed your post, Lance. Merc's response is correct. My vest is missing the soft armor and hard plates.

No problem I just needed to know if it was designed as a plate carrier or just load bearing. I'd like to have the photos and you permission to use them in my 3rd volume that I am working on! The only thing I would ask is that you reshoot them with a white background as the publisher uses just the image and the white background helps them isolate it. I know that the photos on the forum are low res so if you could set your camera or process program to 600x600 pixels that's what they need for a good photo for the book. I usually take a front, rear and label for the readers. I give full attribution, name and what else you might think off. It is a nice looking vest and would go grate in my chapter about "Vests, LBE and Ballistic." Thanks for the reply!

Best

Lance

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is old, but I have one of these vests complete with ballistic inserts and groin protector. I'd really like to find the shoulder pieces, collar, and yoke if anyone can point me in the right direction

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if this is worth getting.My local Surplus store is selling one for 40 bucks brand new still wrapped in plastic so it doesn't have the ballistic panels or plates. I was wondering whether I should get it or not.I have never seen or heard of these vests until now.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Anyone know if this is worth getting.My local Surplus store is selling one for 40 bucks brand new still wrapped in plastic so it doesn't have the ballistic panels or plates. I was wondering whether I should get it or not.I have never seen or heard of these vests until now.

Good morning. If you want it for your collection $40 sounds reasonable to me. Depending on your relationship with the surplus store I wouldn't be afraid to make an offer and see what he says. If he is the kind of proprietor who wants to move gear he may very well accept a fair offer. If you're looking to flip it not sure there is a strong market for them. Interested in what others may say.

Good morning.  If you want it for your collection $40 sounds reasonable to me.  Depending on your relationship with the surplus store I wouldn't be afraid to make an offer and see what he says.  If he is the kind of proprietor who wants to move gear he may very well accept a fair offer.  If you're looking to flip it not sure there is a strong market for them.  Interested in what others may say.

Thanks for the reply.