(1841) Regulations for the Uniform and Dress

hhbooker2

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Presented here is an 1841 "REGULATIONS for the UNIFORM and DRESS of the UNITED STATES NAVY." If you like, I can also published them for the years 1883, 1886, 1897, 1905, 1913, 1917, 1922, and 1941, you'll have to let me know as it involves quite a few pages, with loads of colour and B&W plates showing the uniforms and insignia of the U.S. Navy through the ages. thumbsup.gif ENJOY! thumbsup.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1207593949.jpg

Page 3. ;)

Hey Sarge!

I need to see the change order that eliminated the blue cuffs and collars on the USN whites after the 41 regs and I need to see the pages dealing with the change frome kahki to slate grey for CPO and officer. Oh I also need to see the pages dealing with the elimination of woll from the enlisted uniform cuffs collar and chevrons in about 27.

T/Y John

Hey Sarge!

I need to see the change order that eliminated the blue cuffs and collars on the USN whites after the 41 regs and I need to see the pages dealing with the change frome kahki to slate grey for CPO and officer. Oh I also need to see the pages dealing with the elimination of woll from the enlisted uniform cuffs collar and chevrons in about 27.

T/Y John

JOHN: Have not shown all of the pages yet, here is page 6, actually their page number 9. This is for 1841, not 1941, but I do have them also and can show them in another posting, but as for slate grey, my sister's fatherr who was a Chief Electrician's Mate, wore a grey CPO uniform while on submarine service in 1943. I have the uniforms regs for 1883, 1886, 1897, 1913, 1922, and 1941. :unsure: Sarge Booker

post-837-1207616327.jpg

JOHN: Have not shown all of the pages yet, here is page 6, actually their page number 9. This is for 1841, not 1941, but I do have them also and can show them in another posting, but as for slate grey, my sister's fatherr who was a Chief Electrician's Mate, wore a grey CPO uniform while on submarine service in 1943. I have the uniforms regs for 1883, 1886, 1897, 1913, 1922, and 1941. :unsure: Sarge Booker

Sarge,

Thanks for posting the 1841 regs, I really need to find out when wool left the whites. When the whites lost the collar and cuffs and what month /year kahki turned to grey. I would love to see the 83 regs I have the others. I spoke with a sub vet who stated that the officers on his boat never wore grey.

T/Y John

Sarge,

Thanks for posting the 1841 regs, I really need to find out when wool left the whites. When the whites lost the collar and cuffs and what month /year kahki turned to grey. I would love to see the 83 regs I have the others. I spoke with a sub vet who stated that the officers on his boat never wore grey.

T/Y John

JOHN: Will try to cover the 1883 United States Navy Uniform Regulations which I'll have to reduce the pages to fit the format here. If you go to http://community.webshots.com/user/eneryhodge you will see my photo albums on collars and cuffs as well as specialty marks, distinguishing marks, rates, etc. We'll see what was used and when if it is in the regs? :unsure: Sarge Booker

Page 7 (p.10). :rolleyes:

post-837-1207618121.jpg

1841 petty officer rate, original shown as the old weathered badge and the newer one is a reproduction based on an original. :D

post-837-1207643445.jpg

post-837-1207643456.jpg