FURY

kammo-man

One of the vets that I interviewed for the 'making of' documentary shared this little nugget:

"Some army's soldiers fight for land, others for glory, but American soldiers fight for souvenirs".

That also applies to film crews on war movies.

Here is a sampling of some of the paper goods created for the film. Stuff used to litter the battlefield, crumple on the floor of halftracks, fill musette bags and field jacket pockets. The mail even has the correct APO number for the 2AD.

Rob

post-7257-0-19650100-1412357273.jpg

Some of the departments fabricated unofficial swag for their own folks. The Special Effects Department had the nicest hoodies - these two were a gift from them in repayment for a favor - one for each of the jobs I was fortunate enough to have during that time. (very generous of them).

The knit cap and coats were gifts from Mark and Glenn - from the 2AD group in the UK. These became very desirable and very useful during those bone chilling cold snaps.

The t-shirt was made by the Master Armourer, Simon Atherton, for his crew.

post-7257-0-92037900-1412357893.jpg

post-7257-0-06317900-1412357961.jpg

post-7257-0-71812500-1412357976.jpg

Ahhh... the joyous destroyed German column that we spent ages getting just right (I'm still proud of my broken-up pallets idea to create the fence posts for the barbed wire fence that they'd driven through...) and which we then had to rape and pillage of all the boxes and equipment in the pitch black of a 0600hrs morning before filming to clean down and re-use on the German field hospital/town entrance scene... what fun... and how eerie to be walking through and stripping down all the dead bodies in the dark too...!

I've still got all the code tickertapes I produced from the M209 Decoder during the barn HQ scene... wonder if they'll be worth anything... haha

And in my 'screen used' dispatch case, I've still got that M-210 message book that you guys filled with your decoding scribbles - take after take - at the barn HQ scene. I should have gotten your autograph! Rob

I've still got all the code tickertapes I produced from the M209 Decoder during the barn HQ scene... wonder if they'll be worth anything... haha

They really could be, if the film turns out to be a huge hit.

Some of you have no idea how rabid film prop collectors can be, most of them leave us in the dust for how much they'll pay for something...

Thats the exact Ruckmarch photo that was copied for the road of death.

It was done pretty close.

David Ayer had amassed thousands of images from the war showing all aspects of what happened and these were poured over for years looking for the ones that fit the story perfectly.

No stone was left unturned.

Many famous pictures were recreated like the German dead shown above.

When you watch the movie you will see things in it that may ring a bell in the back of your head................

When you watch the movie again you will see other things.

Its rich and deep and plenty for collectors to ooh and aaah over.

Posted Image

Baker Company.

SS FDR patch being worn on M-43

Tanker with added pocket

Wool overcoat.

No one man looked the same.

Just random like in war.

Years ago at an SOS I found an M-41 that was repaired with WH zelt so we copied some also braised on that vintage piece.

...and just think, people were perfectly happy with M48s standing in as German tanks, with GIs wearing M-51 jackets and carrying M-20 bazookas in WW2 movies, less than a generation ago.

Someone tell me again about how they don't make 'em like they used to? When it comes to movies, I'm thankful for that!

Posted Image

Ever see a nice bunch of captured SS just about to get a shake down ?

This was copied from an original photograph that the director found.

All the SS are wearing different Cammo uniforms just like real wartime.