Homrighous Wing grouping of Col. Ervin N. Townsend

Jack's Son

This came from the estate of Col. Ervin N. Townsend who served in both WWI and WWII as a Pilot and in many other non-flying capacities. As well as his military service, he also had extensive experience in many capacities in civilian aviation as well. He never went overseas during WWI, but did in WWII given his awarded decorations for service which included the Legion of Merit. Obviously, the highlight of the grouping is the WWI wing which is hallmarked "Homrighous Co. Memphis ~ Sterling" also accompanied by his other WWI Air Service uniform insignia. There is a very nice studio photo showing him wearing the wing. There is extensive paper and document content in one large 3" binder that follows his service literally from beginning to end. His log book entries date from 1928 thru 1947 and include many different civilian and military aircraft types. The binder content is great material, most of which is all military related. There are several other I.D. cards, Licenses, etc. included in the binder as well. Also included are some other various medals and misc.

post-8213-0-53680400-1372106866.jpg

post-8213-0-40100200-1372106884.jpg

When I first saw the topic, I thought it was a typo. I was trying to figure out if you meant - humorous, delicious, righteous...... :lol:

I have never heard of this type of wing.....Kat