CZECH 60 YEAR ANNIVERSARY MEDAL 1945-2005

In 1945, my Dad's unit, the 94th Infantry Divsion, moved into postions in Czechoslovakia. In 2005, the Czech government awarded 2000 medals commemorating the 60th anniversary of its liberation from German occupation. Since 2005, the Czech government has been actively seeking other veterans who participated in its liberation.

Yesterday, this arrived for my father, his name having been submitted by his division association. Along with the photos of the medal, I have included an edited version of the letter which accompanied the medal. I have edited the letter as I don't want to see 1000 "original" medals named to my father appearing on EBay!

post-203-1207219487.jpg

post-203-1207219586.jpg

post-203-1207219591.jpg

ItemCo16527

That's a really great medal, Beast. I bet your father's very proud :)

Whoever designed it did an excellent job, but I have one question though: how come the ribbon bars have two different devices if they're both for the same medal? One device looks like a copy of the star on the obverse of the medal, and the other one looks like a stylized "60" to me.

A very good decision of the Czech Republic to do it. thumbsup.gif

Congratulations BEAST for your father and your family because it is good message for all of you as I think.

Best regards

Greg

That's a really great medal, Beast. I bet your father's very proud :)

Whoever designed it did an excellent job, but I have one question though: how come the ribbon bars have two different devices if they're both for the same medal? One device looks like a copy of the star on the obverse of the medal, and the other one looks like a stylized "60" to me.

Jeff and Gregory,

Thank you for the kind words!

The question about the devices is a good one. I wonder if they had something similiar for the 50th anniversary.