1/35th M20 AUV

Mr. Pink

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce my recently finished 1/35th AUV. It used the Tamiya kit and upgraded it with an Eduard PE set.

The sling on the Thompson, the time magazine, the headphones and the chin straps on the helmet were myde by myself. I also added an an angle to the wheels by cutting the axles and reglueing them slightly turned.

There were some minor problems with the decals, the film was really thick and therefore it was hard to adjsut them. However it was fun building it.

Greets,

Heli

post-2693-1206477174.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SGM (ret.)

Very nice, Heli!

The M8 and M20 are definitely on my to do list.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Mr. Pink - what did you use to make the helmet strap and the sling? Could you post some close up's of those? Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments everyone! I appreciate that!

Swag,

I used the lid of a yoghurt cup, those are usually made of very thin aluminum like material (or maybe they are aluminum?) they bend perfectly without buckling at some point. Same goes for the Sling on the Thompson. For the strap loop that is attached to the rifle, I used 0.3mm copper wire and bent it in shape. I put the sling thru that loop and glued it at the end, same procedure for the sling attachment on the rifle butt. For the chin strap I also used thin copper wire bent into a circle and then I looped the piece of foil thru it and glued it shut on the backside.

I hope I was able to help.

Cheers,

Heli

post-2693-1212001756.jpg

Thanks for the info, it definitly helps. I may use your technique when I finally get back to the house and have time to start building again. I built one of those models waaaaay back in the day when I was kid. Mine didn't look anywhere near as good as yours does. Great job!