Gentlemen, I need your help!

Jack's Son

Hello JS!

Your posts never cease to be a source of enjoyment, this is no exception, a beautiful and historical group. I really enjoyed seeing the insignia, especially the Tiffany's. Great to see such quality, right down to their signature clasp. Myself, being hit and miss here lately, I owe my pleasure to seeing all this great material to Kat, who pointed me to it, knowing full well how much I'd like viewing it. :)

Thank you!

Best wishes always,

Joe

Garth Thompson

R,

What is the naming on the British War Medal? In the picture it looks bronze which is the version awarded to laborers and coolies.

Garth

Jack's Son

R,

What is the naming on the British War Medal? In the picture it looks bronze which is the version awarded to laborers and coolies.

Garth

Garth,

I took the other pix in Unnatural light, lets try these. I agree it did make the Medal appear second class.

post-8213-0-02079100-1367965604.jpg post-8213-0-40667200-1367965614.jpg

I see a purple heart, that group must have been lost or stolen. Send it to me and I will make sure it gets back to the 2nd cousin twice removed illegitimate love child. I know he would cherish it as he found out his relation to the general shortly after posting this wonderful group. :)

An insane group!!! Missing the British WWI Victory medal it looks like to me. Odd that he was with the Royal Navy Voluntary Reserve.

-Ski

Jack's Son

.........................Odd that he was with the Royal Navy Voluntary Reserve.

-Ski

This is a short note from his Bio....."WHEN WAR BROKE OUT MR. WOODS APPROACHED THE AMERICAN EMBASSY BECOMING A YOUNG ATTACHÉ WORKING WITH REPATRIATING FOREIGN BELLIGERENT NATIONALS BACK TO THERE COUNTRIES. AFTER THIS HE SERVED WITH ALL THE AMBULANCE SERVICES UNTIL HELPING TO START THE AMERICAN AMBULANCE SERVICE. SINCE SERVING IN A NAVAL RESERVE GUARD UNIT WHEN YOUNGER HE WAS ATTACHED TO THE BRITISH ARMY LIAISON WITH NAVAL RANK OF COMMANDER, HE RECEIVED HIS FIRST PURPLE HEART, BEING SHOT THROUGH ARMS INTO BODY.

• 5 years later...