Anyone know who is behind this three-layer pattern? Bell Trading Post?

rathbonemuseum.com

rathbonemuseum.com

They have essentially three layers of wing from the shoulder to the edge. Only pattern I have seen that does this. Here are three examples from Bob's site:

aafsterpilotmexicofrtlg.jpg

quetelaafLiaisonPilotfrtlg.jpg

aafservicepilotfrtlg.jpg

I always felt that they were very similar to the "Bell" Pattern in quality, design and hardware, myself.

For example, the pin and hinge is VERY similar to the Bell pattern wings and also to the Walter Lampl Juarez wings.

Here is my example.

Patrick

post-1519-0-68651500-1366855031.jpg

Here is a comparison of the Bell pattern on top and the other on the bottom. The finish of the wing, the quality of the planchet (its almost mirror smooth in both) the pin (a weak bronze metal) and the hinge are all very similar.

Can't say for sure, but in my mind, I always thought that these two patterns were very close. Also, the very fine lines in the wings are similar for both patterns.

Juarez wings also have similar material and finish. Just some thoughts.

post-1519-0-77673600-1366855378.jpg

rathbonemuseum.com

It's funny you say that about the Bell pattern because I was going to offer that as a possibility based on the wood grain finish on the feathers and the way the hinge sort of "folds up" as four flaps to create the base for the pin. Has anyone ever found any US wing full size with the Bell Trading Post hallmark? I know it appears on other military insignia.