What are your top 3?

damcon3

What three knives do you want to add to your collection in the next year? Let's be reasonable, we can't All have mint V42's fall into our laps. Mine are as follows:

1) nice mark 2 with solid provenance to a major campaign.

2) early no serrations Gerber mark 2

3) Mint! USCG rope knife.

If I could find these I would not have to dream at night. If somebody had all three I might give up my Springfield Randall !

ww2relichunter

they where issued one or the other it just depended on what they had to give out i have seen mark 2s named to seabees before !!

Simple ones:

Pal M3

Robeson USMC

Camillus "arc marked" Pilot knife

All excellent or better with correct sheath

What were Seabee's issued, I always thought they got Mark 1's.

My father was a SeaBee (CCM Homer Cunningham, USNR (CB). He was issued a commercial Mark 1 when boarding ship at Dutch Harbor, Alaska to go to Amchitka Island in the Aleutians in March 1943. This was ISSUE, not private purchase and is identical to the USN marked version.

DADSMK1.jpg

When he boarded ship at Pearl Harbor in January 1943 to Guam, he was issued a Ka-Bar Mark 2.

DadsKnife.jpg I have other SeaBee issued knives including Mark 1, Mark 2 and Pal RH 36s.

In general, these were issued as Deck Knives while boarding ships to go overseas. Of those I have spoken to, none specifically recalled being issued a sheath (belt) knife for shore based duties, although some did buy a knife or have one sent from home for their own use. However, it is likely that some units issued knives based on the duty to which their unit was assigned.

ww2relichunter

My father was a SeaBee (CCM Homer Cunningham, USNR (CB). He was issued a commercial Mark 1 when boarding ship at Dutch Harbor, Alaska to go to Amchitka Island in the Aleutians in March 1943. This was ISSUE, not private purchase and is identical to the USN marked version.

DADSMK1.jpg

When he boarded ship at Pearl Harbor in January 1943 to Guam, he was issued a Ka-Bar Mark 2.

DadsKnife.jpg I have other SeaBee issued knives including Mark 1, Mark 2 and Pal RH 36s.

In general, these were issued as Deck Knives while boarding ships to go overseas. Of those I have spoken to, none specifically recalled being issued a sheath (belt) knife for shore based duties, although some did buy a knife or have one sent from home for their own use. However, it is likely that some units issued knives based on the duty to which their unit was assigned.

Thank you bayonetman for posting your fathers knifes they are very nice !! i am very jealous hopefully one day i will find one that is affordable from a seabee. What is up with the wooden end on the mark 1 ?

Here is a theatre made SEABEE knuckle knife. It took me a while to figure out what the grip look like. It has his name on the tang.

IMG_2294.jpg

Let's see, what do I want. 1) Case ridged(19 oval) M3, 2)Robeson USMC MK2 3) H.D. & S. M1918 Trench Knife SKIP

Nothing fancy here:

(1) M1905 Bayonet, 1918 or earlier.

(2) Current issue 18" military machete.

(3) '76 -'89 Jet Pilot Survival Knife, any manufacturer.

My wish list for the next year:

1. Ulster 10th Mountain Pocket Knife

2. M4 bayonet with aluminum grips (original)

3. M4 bayonet with M3 Marked Blade

Nothing fancy or mint on my list, but here is what I'd love to add if money was not limiting -

1) WWII Camillus blade-marked and 1943-dated M3 fighting knife

2) Vietnam War era Gerber MkII knife

2) WWII Case V-42 stiletto

I know I am probably forgetting one or two ;), but this would be a nice start on a new year of collecting.

Tim

1. I have lucked into a Imperial blade marked M3 and a Imperial guard marked M3 so I would like to find a Imperial blade marked and dated M3.

2. M1918 Mk I trench Knife

3. M1910/M1917 Bolo Knife

• 3 years later...

Forget this thread but I finally got the M3 last year and M1918MkI last month. Only problem the M3 is a U.C. blade dated not the Imperial I wanted to keep all my M3s Imperial brand. But it came in a Viner Bros. M6 sheath and the price & timing were just right. Still looking for the early M1910 Bolo.

nothing fancy #1 WWII M1942 dated machete not a Colllins

#2 early pilots knife, Camillus or imperial

#3 Pal RH 37 MKII

It is hard to think of only three, but I've been looking for an

M5A1 Milpar bayonet with a DAS mark for years. The only one I have ever seen is a picture of one that Gary Cunningham has. Then an

excellent+ Pal M4 bayonet, and finally, a

Colt blade marked M7 made by (or assembled) by Milpar. And, of course, all the others I would like to find.

Marv

militariaone

Greetings all,

My top three:

1. French Presentation M1918 Mk.I Au Lion Variation.

2. Henry Rosenthal advertising variant M1918 Mk.I (L. F. & C.)

3. A Hawkbilled Presto.

V/r Lance

post-31352-0-45529100-1464278691.jpg

• 3 months later...

I know this is a old thread. But I just got my #3. The M1910 Bolo dated 1912. Now have all three I said I wanted. That was posted April 27-2013. Took more then a year though. I wasn't looking real hard. Did any of you other guys get your?

post-2776-0-65201600-1473815980_thumb.jpg

I have been focusing on the knives made by two of the Wisconsin vocational schools, in August I managed to pick up SIX of them. 4 in one group, along with the bit used to cut the rivets and some loose rivets. and two from individuals, so while I am looking for more, I am feeling pretty blessed. (I have also been in contact with a guy that has a box of the blade blanks!)

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

My top 3 are:

1.) My father-in-laws USN Mark 2 Kabar.

2.) Gen. Westmoreland's Ivory Handled Mod. 5 Randall Knife.

3.) My Randall Mod. 18 Crutchtip.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-82784900-1473978437.jpeg

post-7752-0-22956400-1473978452.jpeg

post-7752-0-75513900-1473978461.jpeg

post-7752-0-86667200-1473978476.jpeg