77th Div item DI & Dogtags

LtRGFRANK

Have a grouping from several Generations of a Tank Family. Dog Tags for a William R Tank 2788726 and a coin the reads Wm Tank Co D 307 Inf 77 Div and a collar DI.

post-551-1205871998.jpg

post-551-1205872037.jpg

any info on it

Thanks for the quick reply. Would that have anything to do with the 77th or would it be completely seperate? If my reseach was accurate wasn't the 307th part of the rescue of the Lost Battalion.

101combatvet

Nice.... have a pic of the back of that DI?

Have a grouping from several Generations of a Tank Family. Dog Tags for a William R Tank 2788726 and a coin the reads Wm Tank Co D 307 Inf 77 Div and a collar DI.

post-551-1205871998.jpg

post-551-1205872037.jpg

any info on it

Thanks for the quick reply. Would that have anything to do with the 77th or would it be completely seperate? If my reseach was accurate wasn't the 307th part of the rescue of the Lost Battalion.

Coast Defenses of Sandy Hook was a seperate organization and Regular Army (but, maybe some NY National Guard Coast Artillery units assigned; I don't know). The DUI would be from after WW1. 77th Division was NY National Guard, but not connected with the coast defense artillery.

• 3 weeks later...

The HD of Sandy Hook was a Regular Army Coast Artillery Outfit which had no connection (other than geographical) with the 77th Division of the Organized Reserves, which had no CA components attached.