7th usaaf for your consideration

Spooky976

Hi comrades

Whats your opinion about this ike jacket, with seventh air force and Far East Air Force patch, with ribbons

(PTO and air medal included)?

post-110510-0-11441800-1364932325.jpg

If he was awarded the Air Medal the uniform should have a wing. Any sign of one having been pinned on there?

Are the stripes on wool or twill? From the photos it looks like the post52 pattern stripes. The tie is from the 50's

Are the stripes on wool or twill? From the photos it looks like the post52 pattern stripes. The tie is from the 50's

Stripes are embroidered on wool and have often been called "Australian made" by collectors though I think they are actually US made. They are undoubtedly WWII vintage.

Allan

The uniform in question is being sold by me. The stripes are indeed on wool. This has been packed away since I purchased it several years ago. Uniforms are not my field of collection interest.

Jumpin Jack

I have a near identical complete uniform directly from the Vet except the numbered AF patch is 8th AAF. Ribbons consist of ETO, PTO and WWII Victory. It came with his dog tags, and two khaki shirts in addition to the complete Ike uniform. Jack Angolia

The uniform in question is being sold by me. The stripes are indeed on wool. This has been packed away since I purchased it several years ago. Uniforms are not my field of collection interest.

Thanks for info, cleared my doubts, now I will bid for they. And thanks everybody for your replies.