USMC INTRENCHING MACHETE

Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

It took me years of looking to finally get a nice one of these. The pic doesn't do it justice.....it's nicer than it appears in this pic. Other than a few age spots it's minty as is the scabbard.

post-4-1205698776.jpg

Here's a close up of the markings that shows the polished original finish.

post-4-1205698834.jpg

It took me years of looking to finally get a nice one of these. The pic doesn't do it justice.....it's nicer than it appears in this pic. Other than a few age spots it's minty as is the scabbard.

Congratulations.

These are hard to find in any condition, and when found, nearly always show hard use.

This one is probably the nicest I have seen.

Chris

cherokee tj

Found this one a couple years ago in the kitchen knife bin at the Goodwill store for a dollar.

IMG_0108.jpg

Greg Robinson
Found this one a couple years ago in the kitchen knife bin at the Goodwill store for a dollar.

Sometimes we get lucky. NICE!!!

Greg

cherokee tj

Been looking for a scabbard ever since I found it. No luck yet. That's a wonderful set you have.

Tony Jordan

Greg Robinson
Congratulations.

These are hard to find in any condition, and when found, nearly always show hard use.

This one is probably the nicest I have seen.

Chris

Here are pics of one that was probably never used.....I wonder who owns this one? I didn't know they existed this nice.

Greg

post-4-1205750604.jpg

post-4-1205750637.jpg

Greg Robinson
Been looking for a scabbard ever since I found it. No luck yet. That's a wonderful set you have.

Tony Jordan

Tony

I remember before I owned one of these I saw an on the loose scabbard listed on ebay with a very reasonable "buy it now" price. I wish I'd bought it but there have been others.....I know one collector who did buy a scabbard on ebay and he's still looking for a machete to mate with it.

Before I got my Collins I owned a Disston with a poor condition scabbard. So I spent a lot of time searching for a better scabbard. There's one on www.warrelics.com.....or at least it used to be there....a little pricey or so it seemed to me but I'm beginning to think these things are worth more money than I previously thought.

Greg

Tony Jordan

Hi Tony

I have a scabbard for TRADE, average condition but missing the bottom leather tip. Can easily be remake by a competent shoemaker

It was on my USMC machette when I bought it but I found a better one later on ( for 200 USD+ customs costs)

Will mail you some pics if interested

Just an important detail regarding postage costsl... I live in Europe

Cheers

T

cherokee tj
Hi Tony

I have a scabbard for TRADE, average condition but missing the bottom leather tip. Can easily be remake by a competent shoemaker

It was on my USMC machette when I bought it but I found a better one later on ( for 200 USD+ customs costs)

Will mail you some pics if interested

Just an important detail regarding postage costsl... I live in Europe

Cheers

T

Thanks for the offer but half the fun is going to shows and places to look for one.

Tony J.

Thanks for the offer but half the fun is going to shows and places to look for one.

Tony J.

Tony,

I saw this morning the one on www.warrelics.com that Greg mentioned. It's listed for $135. For $136 you could have a nice set worth easily $250. Or, you could get lucky like you did with the machete and find one at a show, or something, for much cheaper.

cherokee tj
Tony,

I saw this morning the one on www.warrelics.com that Greg mentioned. It's listed for $135. For $136 you could have a nice set worth easily $250. Or, you could get lucky like you did with the machete and find one at a show, or something, for much cheaper.

Checked out war relics and their site is down right now. Still might give them a call tomorrow. their phone number was still posted, thanks

Tony J

Greg Robinson
Checked out war relics and their site is down right now. Still might give them a call tomorrow. their phone number was still posted, thanks

Tony J

Tony

I just looked at the scabbard again and it's not that bad, better than the one with the Disston I just sold. Be a good deal for somebody who owned an on the loose machete, especially in your case since you have next to nothing invested in it.

Greg

cherokee tj
Tony

I just looked at the scabbard again and it's not that bad, better than the one with the Disston I just sold. Be a good deal for somebody who owned an on the loose machete, especially in your case since you have next to nothing invested in it.

Greg

Greg

Just got off the phone with warrelics, I went ahead a nabbed it before it got gone, will post picture when it gets here

Tony Jordan

Hi,

Here is nice pic with small four-legged "citizen" interested in soldier's gear. The pic was taken at Saipan and machete handle can be seen at right. Is this Collins No. 1001?

Regards

Greg

post-75-1206006854.jpg

Greg Robinson
Hi,

Here is nice pic with small four-legged "citizen" interested in soldier's gear. The pic was taken at Saipan and machete handle can be seen at right. Is this Collins No. 1001?

Regards

Greg

Maybe....but more likely a Medical Corpsman knife, especially being used this late in the war.

Greg

Maybe....but more likely a Medical Corpsman knife, especially being used this late in the war.

Greg

I would agree.A medical Bolo.Just below that the handle of a standard machete appears.

RON

Greg,

Here is a good picture of the USMC Intrenching Machete being carried. It's a WWI picture that somebody sent me a long time ago. Probably from eBay.

post-70-1206023536.jpg

cherokee tj

Scabbard finally came from warrelics, a little ruffer than their web photo showed but still gald to have one.

sheathe001.jpg

Greg Robinson
That was a wise investment. Congrats! thumbsup.gif

A correct scabbard generally doubles the value of a military blade.

cherokee tj
A correct scabbard generally doubles the value of a military blade.

Greg, thanks for the heads up on this scabbard, it definately looks at home together.

Tony Jordan