Value on Blade Marked M3 Kinfolks Bad Handle

Cal30M1

Local Gun Shop has a Blade Marked Kinfolks with 3 or 4 washers missing from the handle. VERY nice blade. Not pristine but a nice patina and not ground on. Nearly 100% original profile on the blade. I think it had the date on the blade too but I dont remember. Have to visit him this week.

Any ideas on the value with the bum handle?

Thanks!

Well

How much did the guy want to sell it to you for? think.gif

THAT is the value

ME PERSONALLY====>I would pay 15 bucks and use it as cool a letter opener

(I currently use a M7 for letter/package opening) thumbsup.gif

Or you could just put it in a display case AS IS and tell your friends it was used on Okinawa w00t.gif

A man after my own heart. When I'm trading and someone asks what I want for something I always ask "What's it worth to ya?" Plus being a garbageman I sometimes have to say "I'm not at liberty to discuss my sources for these fine specimens of military accoutrements but....". :lol:

He wouldn't un-a*$ it for $100. Anyone know how to rehandle M3s?

I like the Okinawa idea. Sounds like a story on ePay don't it? :D

I use an M3 with the hallmark ground off the guard for my letter opener. Hey, It was only $38.00 plus shipping!

For what its worth there was a blade marked Kinfolks with no handle and a sheath that went for $118.03 today on E-pay. wow........... There was a posting on this forum about a guy that refurb m-3's. It listed his email for contact info. I think he is still in business. I can't recall what page it was on. I have a wood rehandled M-3 I use as my mail opener as well. Yard sale find.

Rich

For what its worth there was a blade marked Kinfolks with no handle and a sheath that went for $118.03 today on E-pay. wow........... There was a posting on this forum about a guy that refurb m-3's. It listed his email for contact info. I think he is still in business. I can't recall what page it was on. I have a wood rehandled M-3 I use as my mail opener as well. Yard sale find.

Rich

Shows how much I know!!! w00t.gif

I wouldn't have bid on it because of the crappy pictures

I think Kinfolks have finally gotten some love recently among collectors

I always thought they were a bargain for what you get

History and quality wise......

Ultra rare KINFOLKS USM3 trench knife, usm8 sheath

ROFL

Now I can sleep better knowing I am NOT CRAZY for using a bayonet for a letter opener!!

I thought I was the only one who did that

Hehehehehehe

Shows how much I know!!! w00t.gif

I wouldn't have bid on it because of the crappy pictures

I think Kinfolks have finally gotten some love recently among collectors

I always thought they were a bargain for what you get

History and quality wise......

Ultra rare KINFOLKS USM3 trench knife, usm8 sheath

ROFL

Now I can sleep better knowing I am NOT CRAZY for using a bayonet for a letter opener!!

I thought I was the only one who did that

Hehehehehehe

The M3s work better than Corpmans Bolo w00t.gif Thinkin about one of them F/S stiletto repops out there. The thin blade looks like it would work like a charm.

ePay Item number: 130206340608

I didnt see this one on ePay. I wouldnt have bid on it because of the chips in the blade either. And whats the deal on the "two bend guard"? :lol: Why not use a hammer and make a rare prototype straight guard one? It would resale for $200.oo then!

The blade on the one I'm lookin at has a smilar patina but no chips. It has the ordnance bomb on the pommel too so I might try him with a buck and a quarter and see if he moves.

Brian