POST YOUR FAVORITE DOG TAG(S)!

USdog

Great tags USdog! I think it's safe to say that Kenneth Drew tag was the one he was wearing when he was KIA based on the tetanus date.

Great tags USdog! I think it's safe to say that Kenneth Drew tag was the one he was wearing when he was KIA based on the tetanus date.

Thanks bellasilva! I agree, it probably was the tag he was wearing when he was KIA.

I'll post some more tags...

Here is a tag that was made by Grave Registration for Salvador J. Lara. This tag was found at a temporary grave site in France. The person I bought it from found it himself...

Staff Sergeant Salvador J. Lara was in the 602d Ordnance Armament Maintenance Battalion, 45th Infantry Division. He received the DSC for his actions on 27 & 28 1944 and the Purple Heart with Oak Leaf cluster. Salvador Lara died on 1 September 1945.

http://www.wwiimemorial.com/registry/cemetery/search/pframe.asp?HonoreeID=690416&popcount=2&tcount=2

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Lara&GSfn=Salvador&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=56657458&df=all&

Posted ImagePosted Image

Dogtags on the original shoelace worn by a POW captured on Bataan . He was a truck driver in the QMC. He survived the war and was liberated in Japan.

I have a photo of him wearing the CIB. Being he was in the QMC, it is odd he earned one.

tag1.jpeg

Dog tag from a USN Fighter Pilot who was wounded with VF-5 over Guadalcanal in 1942, served a tour with VF-17 in 1943-44, and then was killed in a test flight in the USA in June 1944.

tag4.jpg

Attached are three pictures of insignia that came off

of / with a U.S. Navy Officer type uniform. I am assuming the person wearing the uniform was some kind of Tech Rep. Can anybody tell me what A C G stands for?

post-14361-0-42023800-1382320378.jpg

post-14361-0-83161200-1382320393.jpg

post-14361-0-66614200-1382320410.jpg

• 1 month later...

Posting some more of my tags...

First off are these two sets of tags from a marine that was in A Company, 20th Marines, 4th Marine Division during the battle of Kwajalein, Saipan, Tinian, but the unit was deactivated on August 31, 1944. He was then in the 4th Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division and fought at Iwo Jima.

Posted Image

This came in a small grouping I bought. The veteran was in the 151st FAB, 133rd IR, 34th ID. He was with the 34th in Algeria, Tunisia, and Italy.

Posted Image

Here's another...

This vet was in F Company, 2nd Bn, 503rd PIR. He participated in the Battle of Noemfoor in Dutch New Guinea and the Battle of Mindoro in the Philippines, which were both amphibious landings. He then made the jump into Corregidor...

Posted Image

Last for now is the tag of a marine who was in the A Company, 5th Motor Transport Battalion, 5th Marine Division. He fought at the Battle of Iwo Jima....

Posted Image

Always nice to see your dog tag collection, USdog, you've got some real gems there. I just purchased a 2nd award CIB and 2 dog tags from a forum member who picked them up in Vietnam while in the army in 2005. I'll post them when they come in

Posting another tag...

This vet served in the navy 1939-1946. He served on various ships throughout the war... Including the USS Indianapolis! (During the years 1939-1940). The dog tag is the thumbprint style and looks like it was used as a bracelet.

Posted Image

Pic of him...

Posted Image

Here is a document from when he was on the indianapolis (this is not mine).

Posted Image

Posting some more of my tags...

First off are these two sets of tags from a marine that was in A Company, 20th Marines, 4th Marine Division during the battle of Kwajalein, Saipan, Tinian, but the unit was deactivated on August 31, 1944. He was then in the 4th Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division and fought at Iwo Jima.

ezu4y7a7.jpg

Great set of dogtags indeed ... it's not easy to find pairs, but 4 :blink:

For the moment, I have dogtags from all the MarDiv except the 2nd :huh: ... don't know why, but items from the 2nd MarDiv are very hard to come by :excl: