Commonwealth made Insignia

Gary Cain

These are an unknown though very high quality maker. They use a special swiveling latch that was used around the nineteen teens.

post-96-1205369043.jpg

Finally we have the Theo Meyer insignia.

These are an unknown though very high quality maker. They use a special swiveling latch that was used around the nineteen teens.

post-96-1205369077.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm really intrigued by the captain's bars shown in post #17 (upper right) and post #28 because I found an identical pair at an antique mall this weekend. I too guess that they are CBI-made, but really have nothing to base that on other than the fact that they exhibit hand work. Mine appear to be cut from a flat sheet of silver and then curved to fit the shoulder. The lines that define the connectors between the two bars appear to be cut rather than cast. However, as you say, the work is top quality and the roller clasps are unique. Has anyone ever seen these on a uniform or have any other clues as to where they might have been made?