Is this tigerstripe jacket real?

GeneralCheese

vintageproductions

I will admit, I feel a bit played. This is why I normally just ignore the "What's it worth?" questions.

I will remember that next time, someone asks.

GeneralCheese

None of you had to give me a price. I want to sell it now because, yes, I can get some easy money, but I also want it to go to someone who can appreciate it and care for it better than I can. You are right, I posted it to the for sale section fairly quickly. If you guys had given me a low price in hopes of me posting it to the for sale section for said low price, I would not have. I would like the money more than I would like having an expensive jacket sitting in my closet, just waiting for one of my dogs to sneak in there and think, "Wow, that sleeve sure does look tasty!"

Again, I am sorry for making it feel like I played you.

In helping you a couple of guys gave a price. Had you NOT said you have wanted one of these for awhile then things might have been different.

"If you guys had given me a low price in hopes of me posting it to the for sale section for said low price, I would not have." If you were asking what it was worth how would you have known if you were getting a low price. Makes me think you KNEW what it was worth, you just wanted confirmation. THAT is what is making everyone feel "played".

"I would like the money more than I would like having an expensive jacket sitting in my closet, just waiting for one of my dogs to sneak in there and think, "Wow, that sleeve sure does look tasty!" " A VERY lame statement. Maybe that is why you collect helmets, cause the dog doesn't think they are "tasty".

I'm calling BULLS*** on this whole topic.

GeneralCheese

"If you guys had given me a low price in hopes of me posting it to the for sale section for said low price, I would not have." If you were asking what it was worth how would you have known if you were getting a low price. Makes me think you KNEW what it was worth, you just wanted confirmation. THAT is what is making everyone feel "played".

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. If you had given me a price of say, $150 max for this jacket, I would never considered selling it, because I would not feel nervous owning it. Since I got a price that was much higher than I expected, I feel more compelled to sell it. And yes, I did know a little about the value of the jackets, but I did not know what this size and pattern would be worth.

GeneralCheese

I've got a near mint WW2 airborne helmet on my shelf....I can't sleep nights!! :o

I would love to have one of those on my shelf. You guys just don't realize I don't like uniforms. Is it wrong I would rather have the money, which I can use to buy some helmets, than have a tigerstripe jacket just sitting in my closet?

You just keep digging the hole you are in deeper.

"If you had given me a price of say, $150 max for this jacket, I would never considered selling it, because I would not feel nervous owning it." Again, one of the stupidest comments I have read in a long time. By this rational you shouldn't be collecting anything.

"And yes, I did know a little about the value of the jackets" So you did in FACT play us. You OBVIOUSLY knew the shirt was worth more than $150.00. NICE!

GeneralCheese

Yes, I don't like uniforms as much. I used to, but now I try to avoid buying up the common stuff. I admit what I said didn't make sense or come out right. I still buy the rarer things, but I don't have as much of an attachment to them, as I have to helmets.

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. If you had given me a price of say, $150 max for this jacket, I would never considered selling it, because I would not feel nervous owning it. Since I got a price that was much higher than I expected, I feel more compelled to sell it. And yes, I did know a little about the value of the jackets, but I did not know what this size and pattern would be worth.

So it's ok for your dog to eat a $150 jacket but a $300 jacket you sell? How expensive does an item have to be worth before you're afraid to keep it?

GeneralCheese

Didn't realize original tiger stripes are now considered "common stuff".

No, I bought the jacket because I knew it wasn't common. I don't buy BDUs or DCUs anymore, unless they have some special patches or are modified with extra pockets or other things. And I would hate to have my dog chew anything, but I would much rather it be a $150 jacket than a $300 one.

And firefighter, around $200 is where I get nervous with uniforms. For helmets, it'd be much higher. I wouldn't keep an original M2, but I would keep an original fixed-bail with Hawley.

"And I would hate to have my dog chew anything, but I would much rather it be a $150 jacket than a $300 one." Unbelieveable....how about keeping the dog out of the closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I just don't feel right having it just hanging in my closet because it is worth so much."

Then you are NOT a collector. That is probably the lamest explanation for selling something I have seen in a long time. Go back to collecting coins.

TRUE collectors closets are FILLED with very cool and VERY expensive stuff and we have NO problem keeping them rather than turning a quick buck.

LAME!!!!!!

Have to agree.

bb1ad18ecac34d8db14460b8d395a2f9.jpg

This is my everyday wear wardrobe. Check out the T-patt's , 1 of a kind ( maybe only 1 in existence ) British PECOC 3 color smock used for BBC press photos , British 4 color smock pre 1983, Danish desert goretex, French Tap 54 and a few tigers , granted replica but still tigers. There's even Auscam wind proofs and last and not least match worn cancer research Mary Currie soccer shirt. That's all rare and all worth a pretty penny ( besides repro tigers ) and gets worn daily.

If you want to know the worth of something then all you need is 4 letters E B A Y and not U S M F.

GeneralCheese

"And I would hate to have my dog chew anything, but I would much rather it be a $150 jacket than a $300 one." Unbelieveable....how about keeping the dog out of the closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do, I only used my dog as an example of why I don't want expensive jackets. Substitute dog for moths, mildew, fire, smoke, etc.

What a novel ideal. :D

GeneralCheese

If you want to know the worth of something then all you need is 4 letters E B A Y and not U S M F.

I searched throughout eBay sold listings and found only a few tigerstripes that were the same pattern as mine. I came here because I didn't know what value the size mine is was.

I do, I only used my dog as an example of why I don't want expensive jackets. Substitute dog for moths, mildew, fire, smoke, etc.

So you have fireproof helmets and covers that deter moths,mildew, & smoke? What a gold mind.You better sell them before something happens to them.

You knew, you just wanted confirmation and you got it so off to the for sale section it went. EVERY explanation you have given is weak and lame.

Why don't you just sell it on eBay, that would be a better place for what you want to do with it. Even if I was desperately looking for a shirt just like that I wouldn't buy from you just on principal because of this BS!

"Tiger Gang" or "Tiger Mafia"

Never heard THAT before......who has EVER said this?

How can you be done when you didn't have a valid argument to begin with?

Sgt ,

It all stems from the day I found a German SS 44 Dot jacket in London for really cheap.

They were worth several thousand pounds at the time.

I wore it down the pub all weekend getting roaring drunk in it and having fun !!!!

Ask Bob about his SS jacket ???

Its not about the price its about enjoying the piece ......

Helmet collector .

You have a lot to learn sunny .

owen