What kind of Ejection Seat and for what Aircraft

MilitariaKollektor

northcoastaero

The seat appears to be a Martin-Baker GRU-7 or GRUEA-7 used in the Grumman A-6/EA-6A Intruder or

EA-6B Prowler. It replaced the Martin-Baker GRU-5 seat in the A-6/EA-6A Intruder. The GRU-7A used

in the F-14A and F-14B is similar. The Rigid Seat Survival Kit and Seat-Survival Kit Units would be

the RSSK-7, SKU-2/A, or SKU-12/A. The parachute assy. is the NES-14 series. The seat may need the

leg restraint garters and inert underseat rocket motor assy. The pilot mannequin is wearing a USAF

HGU-55/P in USN/USMC service, VF-213 Black Lions blue CWU-73/P USN flightsuit, GS/FRP-2 sage green

Nomex flight gloves, and USN/USMC MBU-14/P oxygen mask.

• 3 weeks later...
MilitariaKollektor

Thanks for all the response guys. Now I know what it is and from what plane it was from. Thanks Northcoastaero that was a very detailed description of all the gear and equipment in the photo. You are very knowledgeable about this area of militaria.

Anyway, a friend sent me photos of these ejection seats he saw at a junk yard. What kind are they and from what aircraft. They look pretty old and incomplete.

post-5589-0-61396400-1408070329.jpg

northcoastaero

Those are USAF F-101 Voodoo seats. They look to be worthwhile seats to restore with the ejection triggers in the armrests and also having the headrests. Seem to have the aircraft serial number on the

seat back also.

MilitariaKollektor

Hi Northcoastaero,

Thanks for identifying those seats. If its from an F101 then it must be from the 60's right. Here are the rest of the photos. Looks like its what's left of the plane. The number on one of the seats seems to match the tail number 01 as you mentioned.

post-5589-0-56057300-1408070510.jpg

post-5589-0-49954500-1408070533.jpg

northcoastaero

Some additional information: The parachutes used with the F-101 late in its career would be the BA-22 and BA-24. I am uncertain about the ballistically spread and forced deployed chutes also. The seat

survival kit could be the 140000-64 (upgraded CNK-11/P) with the cutout in the front and the 140000-??

with no cutout in the front, similar to the F-102 seat kit.

• 2 weeks later...
danmccarthy

I need a few parts for a F-101 Voodoo seat. Could you kindly relay info as to who I should contact re. those old seats?

Dan