Uniformed family portraits. Post yours!

DutchInfid3l

Here's a cute one. A colorized portrait of a USAF Captain, his wife and his two little "Lieutenants" dressed in mini blue Ike's, complete with US insignia, flight caps and ribbons!
No names but photo taken at Harlingen AFB

post-22-0-18432900-1401048851.jpg

I was referring to any family style photographs with military uniform present, not necessarily of "family". This was an auction win.

I got ya now, here my contribution, one I stumbled across awhile back and saved. An unknown Union Soldier of a unknown Colored Regiment circa 1865 with his family. He seems to be wearing a Corps badge? right, can any of our Civil War experts take a look see, what this will be for?

post-34986-0-26094800-1359925304_thumb.jpg

Photograph of Sergeant (shown here as a Corporal) William Graves, and his wife and daughter, and his Good Conduct Medal. Sgt. Graves was stationed in the Aleutians. This picture was part of large lot of pictures, letters, insignia, etc. that was going into the garbage after his widow passed away - luckily, my neighbor held onto it for me..

Mark sends

post-3423-0-04744400-1360096879.jpg

This is my wedding portrait taken in May 1988. Sorry for the quality, it was taken through glass at an angle. My wife and I were both on the Keesler AFB Honor Guard (I was the NCOIC of Mortuary Affairs). The Color Guard kept getting all the new women, so I asked my flight commander to put the next woman on my flight....I came to the building for practice and Anna was just getting her gear..I walked back out of the room and told my buddy to look in the supply room, that I was going to marry her. He laughed...well, I learned him a thing or two! She was a nationally registered EMT with an Ambulance qualification (one of only two to qualify in her class), and a Flight Surgeon's Medic. This was taken in May 1988.

Mark sends

post-3423-0-68275100-1360110062.jpg

Photograph of Sergeant (shown here as a Corporal) William Graves, and his wife and daughter, and his Good Conduct Medal. Sgt. Graves was stationed in the Aleutians. This picture was part of large lot of pictures, letters, insignia, etc. that was going into the garbage after his widow passed away - luckily, my neighbor held onto it for me..

Mark sends

Going into the garbage! don't you just hate that, why always the garbage! It seems most people this day and age have no intelligence, common sense or logic, they in the main can't recognize things of certain vintage, if they recognize it as such, have a value to them? and thus should at least be given away, but I think that goes back to having intelligence right, being able to have the brains to recognize things as vintage, and not a piece of recent household crap to be thrown away.

Sorry for my MILD rant.

Kinda of grainy photo of my wedding at FE Warren AFB Chapel in 1981. My bride was a Lt. in personnel and I was a Lt. on a MMIII ICBM crew. I hated the white mess dress jacket. White isn't my color.

stuff005.jpg

Going into the garbage! don't you just hate that, why always the garbage! It seems most people this day and age have no intelligence, common sense or logic, they in the main can't recognize things of certain vintage, if they recognize it as such, have a value to them? and thus should at least be given away, but I think that goes back to having intelligence right, being able to have the brains to recognize things as vintage, and not a piece of recent household crap to be thrown away.

Sorry for my MILD rant.

I also have a large portrait/painting of their son who served in the Navy in Vietnam. Sadly, his father pretty much disowned him later in life, and of course his stuff was thrown away; only the painting was left....but it happens all the time.

Mark sends

Hey mvmhm, you look alittle like a now mature Matthew Brodrick :D lovely photo by the way.

Oh, I don't know about Matthew Brodrick...most people think I bear a striking resemblance to the great actor Barney Rubble.

Mark sends

Oh, I don't know about Matthew Brodrick...most people think I bear a striking resemblance to the great actor Barney Rubble.

Mark sends

Barney with Black hair or Matthew, what do the rest of you think :lol:

post-34986-0-31826400-1360182007.gif post-34986-0-77094800-1360182026.jpg

Great topic, Sarah.

The name of the family in this picture is unknown, as are the date, place, and occasion (it might be a bridesmaid and her family but why does everyone look so somber?) However, the Army lieutenant is wearing 12th Cavalry Regiment DI and what appears to be an American Defense Service Medal ribbon, hence a ventured date WAG of ca. 1942.

post-1963-0-71361200-1360188381.jpg

Great topic, Sarah.

The name of the family in this picture is unknown, as are the date, place, and occasion (it might be a bridesmaid and her family but why does everyone look so somber?) However, the Army lieutenant is wearing 12th Cavalry Regiment DI and what appears to be an American Defense Service Medal ribbon, hence a ventured date WAG of ca. 1942.

post-1963-0-71361200-1360188381.jpg

Agree with 1942. In addition, the eagle on the Naval officer's lid is facing to the viewer's left (i.e., post 41). Any later and there would have probably been an American Campaign ribbon (or more).

(it might be a bridesmaid and her family but why does everyone look so somber?)

[

That's what happens when you're a bridesmaid and never a bride.

This is a picture of my dad and mom holding my sister just before he left for Germany in 1944. He was killed in November 44 in France as part of the 104th Inf Regt.

Terry

post-6022-0-47878500-1360195772.jpg

Not a very good pic but didn't take many during the period. This is me and my grandfather (who raised me and my sisters after my father was killed during WW2). This pic was taken in 1978 when I commanded the 1st SF Company at Ft. Bragg.

post-6022-0-99782300-1360196845.jpg

Here’s a prolific family of vets: One dad (WWI?) and his five sons (WWII), all safe home from their wars ca. 1945 (n.b., this astonishing photo appeared on the Forum several years ago, thanks to “Mr-X” — link here to see the original posting).

post-1963-0-76216900-1360222685.jpg

Thank's for reposting this photo Wailuna. early 1946 perhaps, good view the SPEARHEAD tab that started to be worn with the 3rd Armd Div patch.

Astonishing photo of your Father and Mother Hawk3370, our thank's for your Father Service and Supreme Sacrifice. Also for your Long Service.

Here one I found, a Navy family, regrettably no info other than on taken during WWII.

post-34986-0-54345900-1360261052.jpg

Terry,

thanks for sharing this very personal photo.

Mike

This is a picture of my dad and mom holding my sister just before he left for Germany in 1944. He was killed in November 44 in France as part of the 104th Inf Regt.

Terry