Reproduction US Qualified Pilot Observer Wing

pconrad02

OK Guys, I believe this to be an older, very nice, re strike, but what do you think?

post-182-1204820576.jpg

post-182-1204820584.jpg

post-182-1204820592.jpg

It is die struck, and has some age to it.

Paul

OK Guys, I believe this to be an older, very nice, re strike, but what do you think?

post-182-1204820576.jpg

post-182-1204820584.jpg

post-182-1204820592.jpg

It is die struck, and has some age to it.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have a very similar wing that seems a twin to yours in my collection. I have always thought mine was a restrike--and in fact bought it as that at the Great Western gun show many years ago. When I got mine, the dealer told me that he had bought them from the original manufacturer as part of a limited restriking. I know for a few years after this, you could sometimes see these wings being sold at the Great Western gun show as the real deal.

Another friend of mine has a very nice observer wing with the US but in the "Bell" pattern of wing that is clearly from around the WWII time period (NOT the 1920 time period). He thinks that his wing may have been an attempt of the company to make a US Technical Observer wing of some sort. Basically it is the same as this wing, but the US is in the center. It is a very neat wing, but I dont have a scan of it.

Patrick

post-1519-1204823042.jpg

John Cooper
Hi Paul,

Another friend of mine has a very nice observer wing with the US but in the "Bell" pattern of wing that is clearly from around the WWII time period (NOT the 1920 time period). He thinks that his wing may have been an attempt of the company to make a US Technical Observer wing of some sort. Basically it is the same as this wing, but the US is in the center. It is a very neat wing, but I dont have a scan of it.

Patrick

Any chance of getting a scan of it? That would be an interesting wing...

John

I dont have a scan, and for some reason, my kind offer to take his collection home with me to "scan" them for him, was refused..go figure.

It is a very interesting wing. It is clearly a die struck wing with the "US" as part of the die. Its not from the 20's but rather a WWII vintage wing.

Patrick