FROM PEARL HARBOR THRU OPERATION VARSITY & BACK HOME AGAIN

BEAST

I've always liked this uniform! Goes to show that if you were army and at Pearl that didn't mean you were going to the Pacific, I have an (unfortunately) unID'ed 104th Ike that has a star on his American Defense ribbon and also has a PTO w/no stars. Possible Pearl Harbor vet I would think.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You got to love the web! I was fortunate to find an article on-line that mentions Kirk's service at Pearl Harbor. Wish I had the original letter that he sent home!

The article was printed in a local paper on January 7, 1942.

post-203-0-70934600-1453926579.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Beast...still a good group! Great job on the research. I'm glad you are the caretaker for the set. I'll find another one for you some time... ;)

Mike,

Thank you, I'm glad to have it also! I look forward to seeing what you can find for me!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
6 hours ago, copper252 said:

Amazing grouping! Were you ever able to track down his unit?

Unfortunately no.  Still hoping to find some morning reports from the CAC units stationed in Hawaii that might mention him.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, BEAST said:

Unfortunately no.  Still hoping to find some morning reports from the CAC units stationed in Hawaii that might mention him.  

I have not been able to track down any morning reports from the CAC units at Pearl Harbor.  Does anyone have a lead where I can find them?

• 2 years later...