Photo

How iphone users can post pics (with computer acess)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,619
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

I have discovered a way that someone with a iphone and computer can post pictures without the use of websites like photobucket etc.

step 1. Take a picture with your phone or save somebodys picture on google images. it will then apear in your camera roll.

step 2. email the picture to your email adress before the email sends it will ask you what size you like it to send. small is correct for profile pictures and medium is correct for posting pictures on your topic.

step 3. Go to your email on your computer and click save as and save the picture to your pictures on your computer and when you want to post pictures on your topic click attach and find your picture and it will post no problem.

p.s I hope this helps and remember pics always make things more interesting!

#2 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,629 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

With the new forum software you can upload photos direct from your iPhone to a post, but, as with any photos you upload (as opposed to link to) you need to be sure they are small enough in file size.

On my iPhone I use the app Pudding Camera 3.3 which allows you to take photos that are only 472 or 700 pixels wide. I use the 700 pixels setting and save them to the Photo Roll. If needed I also use the free app PS Express to crop the background (although you can also do that using the EDIT function in PHOTOS.

#3 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,629 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Okay here's a shot using the process outlined above. The image is about 68kb which is well under the 150kb limit for each post.

image.jpg

#4 kilgarvan

kilgarvan
  • Members
    • Member ID: 150,849
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the help from a new member. I actually used the help above but cut out the computer part.

If you email it to yourself as stated above, then open email on your iPhone, save the image again to your iPhone. Click on the newly saved image and it should post no problem.

Thanks again this was a great help and I'm happy to have figured out how to post pics directly from my phone.

#5 1canpara

1canpara
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,167
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Just to endorse Bobs recommendation with Pudding Camera (kind of a silly name, but it works!), since I heard about this app for my phone, that's almost all I use now, and if you have an iPad, the pictures you take with your iPhone will automatically load onto your iPad and make it easier to work with the photos when posting.

I only resort to my camera now and downsizing the photos later when I need some macro abilities or very detailed photos taken.

Try it, you'll never go back to re-sizing again, it'll save you hours of frustration!

Rick

Edited by 1canpara, 06 January 2014 - 04:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users