WW2 re-enactor cartoons and other drawings...

willysmb44

These are really great. Well done. :thumbsup: What exactly is it? You mentioned a magazine and mail? Is this some reenacting magazine I'm missing out on? To willysmb44.

Michael

The newest one just got out in the mail last week:

Oh that one is funny. I think that shows just how reenactors have the whole Hero worship thing going on... or whatever you want to call it.

These are really great. Well done. :thumbsup: What exactly is it? You mentioned a magazine and mail? Is this some reenacting magazine I'm missing out on?
I'm the staff cartoonist and correspondent for the US for this magazine, which at this time is UK-centric but they're looking for any good US-based submissions, I'm sure:

click here for more info! :thumbsup:

Sadly, I know of no current importers of the magazine in the US, at this time I'm pretty sure you must subscribe directly. I know they're trying to get it into US distribution, though...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm the staff cartoonist and correspondent for the US for this magazine, which at this time is UK-centric but they're looking for any good US-based submissions, I'm sure:

click here for more info! :thumbsup:

Sadly, I know of no current importers of the magazine in the US, at this time I'm pretty sure you must subscribe directly. I know they're trying to get it into US distribution, though...

Well done brother!

• 1 month later...
Yet oddly spot on... i think I have met these guys!

Most of us have back in the day.

This came from a conversation I had years ago with a German re-enactor friend of mine and we talked about forming the "Hollywood re-enctor foundation" where you'd do battles where the tactics were right out of bad TV shows, with impressions to match. With GI's, this is what I came up with for what a GI would have:

• M20 bazookas
  • M-51 jackets with fade spots for nametapes
  • Black boots
  • VN era helmet shells
  • Carbines with M-1 rifle belts, and the carbines all have bayonet lugs and postwar rear sights
  • The Jeeps had to be CJ-2s or later

:blink:

Do they have to be WWII? How about cavalry with western saddles and Winchester lever actions?
If you mean the cartoons, yeah, they have to be WW2 as they're published in a publication called WW2 Re-enactors Magazine. :think: There is a general re-enacting magazine called “Skirmish” (also published out of the UK) and they have their own cartoonist, but frankly I think his stuff is very weak. The jokes often aren’t very funny or have British humor that I just don’t understand.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about your cartoons, just movie soldiers in general. Pretty dismal sometimes.

Tom

Do not forget the german tanks have to all be either M-48 patton or "easy 8" Shermans with 4 foot "iron crosses" on the turrets...

Great work Lee! :lol: :w00t:
Thanks, Juan! I heard rumors back in the 90s when I originally did cartoons that a few of the more well-known vendors at the time had seen my work, but in those pre-internet days, I rarely ever got any feedback on them other than hate mail from people I’d offended.
Do not forget the german tanks have to all be either M-48 patton or "easy 8" Shermans with 4 foot "iron crosses" on the turrets...
I actually wanted to do a cartoon along these lines of German vehicles that aren’t even close but I guess that might hit too close to home so it was axed before it went to paper.

I have to be really sensitive to the mindset of those in the UK and EU. I can’t make as much fun of the Germans as I’d really like to. Back in the 90s, I had cartoons run that I never would be allowed to have run today. The hobby was very different then.

• 1 month later...

Just got published. This is the original version, the one that ran actually has a WW2 German pot at the top of the tree (the editor wasted the change), but I liked this version better because to me it looked more "festive" like that:

post-96964-0-19856000-1521729937_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
market garden

"The road to Victory" I remember seeing this before it was put on the shirts for the convoy. The jeep used in your drawing was "Heep" .I sold it to Tim S.

You did a great job on the art work for the shirts. Everyone wanted one. Thanks again. John C. H.Co. 334 Inf. 84 Div. reenacted.

"The road to Victory" I remember seeing this before it was put on the shirts for the convoy. The jeep used in your drawing was "Heep" .I sold it to Tim S.

You did a great job on the art work for the shirts. Everyone wanted one. Thanks again. John C. H.Co. 334 Inf. 84 Div. reenacted.

Thanks. Tim wasn't happy with me on that afterward, said I jinxed him because I drew his Jeep and it broke down in the event. I did most of the shirt designs for those events. He still has one I did for the last one he put together that got cancelled and it never got used.

market garden
Thanks. Tim wasn't happy with me on that afterward, said I jinxed him because I drew his Jeep and it broke down in the event. I did most of the shirt designs for those events. He still has one I did for the last one he put together that got cancelled and it never got used.

Yes, Tim was upset that the jeep broke down I was there. I hope that another convoy is in the works for the futcher Again you do a great job I have seen the end result.

• 2 weeks later...

These are great! I have quite a dark sense of humor, so do some more sinister stuff! I do believe that there are still people out there who won't be offended, and will find it amusing :)

Love the Pacific one. So true!

These are great! I have quite a dark sense of humor, so do some more sinister stuff! I do believe that there are still people out there who won't be offended, and will find it amusing :rolleyes:

Love the Pacific one. So true!