First and second model Korean War M1952 USMC flak vest

Justin

I recently got into Korean war USMC, the last thing I'd need to complete my 1952 impression display is a vest. As I figured, like the first pattern m1955 for early Vietnam, finding a vest isn't easy nor cheapest. How many of you forum friends out there have these vest? I'd love to see some. So if you have them post them up!

J

Justin, here is mine. I picked it up at a local Army Navy store for $100.

Vest Overview:

DSC_0071.jpg

Tag #1:

DSC_0072.jpg

Tag #2:

DSC_0073.jpg

Writing on Flak Vest and Material Closeup:

DSC_0076.jpg

Me wearing it as part of a Living History Program:

24689_373507166394_634476394_3825987_734696_n_zps16b84561.jpg

Josh_Korean_War_3_zps01d71494.jpg

Josh_Korean_War_zpse059a476.jpg

I hope this helps.

-Josh

Man, these are some cool looking flak vests from KW you guys have been posting!....yours looks great on with all your USMC gear and camo helmet cover!.....mike

combat-helmets

I recently got into Korean war USMC, the last thing I'd need to complete my 1952 impression display is a vest. As I figured, like the first pattern m1955 for early Vietnam, finding a vest isn't easy nor cheapest. How many of you forum friends out there have these vest? I'd love to see some. So if you have them post them up!

J

You got the bug too, Eh Justin? My USMC collection spans WW2 through Early Vietnam. I like the Early Vietnam because there was alot of WW2 and KW gear still in circulation....

Alot of holes to fill such as this vest.....

Justin,

I posted these examples from my collection in another thread a few months ago.. Here they are again so we can have all the Korean war Flak Jackets in one thread...

2nd & 3rd pattern M52's, both size medium

Kration

post-107-0-65513300-1356924686_thumb.jpg

You got the bug too, Eh Justin? My USMC collection spans WW2 through Early Vietnam. I like the Early Vietnam because there was alot of WW2 and KW gear still in circulation....

Alot of holes to fill such as this vest.....

Yeah I sure do! Finding a 2ed pattern Korean War vest isn't going to be easy.

There's currently a first pattern M1955 on ebay for $690 :blink: .. with 20 bids. :o

Speaking of all flak vests....does anyone have any of the Army protoype M1952 vests? My 2nd ID histories show these to be more common than the Marine vests.