M43 Rigger Modified Jump Pants

Tom Kibler

This is my most recent acquisition. I great set of rigger modified jump pants. The pair is stamped 32x32 and show the trooper's ASN mark in both a stamp and hand written. The cargo pockets on the pants have the tell-tale "oily" residue on them. I'm currently in the process of researching the stamp to try and ID the trooper (I'll keep you posted on that).

Otherwise - thanks.

post-6293-0-13337000-1356298027_thumb.jpg

Very Nice set of pants Tom! Well done. Let me see if I can find anything for you about your 'Trooper on this end.

Jake Powers

www.heroesinourmidst.net

Thanks a lot, Jake. I'm planning on bringing them to the SOS. The leg ties look like ties on an ID'd set of M42's (except the ties on those are khaki - not OD). I used to own a set of ID'd M43's named to an 82nd fellow and the ties on those were the same as the cargo pocket material...

Might these be 101st?

Have a Merry Christmas Jake!

TK

Tom

Nice looking 43 pants.Very possible 101st.I have a set from a 506th vet.They still have cutters tags on them.Modified with leg pockets and also knee re-inforcements.The tapes are the same material on mine.

Have a few smaller items from a 327th Officer..The items included some of the green tape webbing like on the trousers ties.I guess he removed this from a set of his trousers.

Looking at the material its the same as the long ties used on the wool sleeping bags.

Best Wishes

RD

Well, so far, I'm a BUST!

I was really hopeful on IDing these, as I've been very successful in the past. I have a few "possible" IDs, but nothing positive yet.

• 1 month later...

Well.... it took a while, but I believe I've located the former owner of these pants:

34788730 HIGGINBOTHAM#ANDREW#J#SR 513th

From what I can tell, the "Thunder From Heaven" book has him listed as a member of the 513th. That's all. Now the quest for additional information. Anyone help me locate some more info on him?

Many thanks!

TK