M-1948 parka

Undertoker

I've decided to just tuck a wedge away and sit and wait for a mint, small m-48 in heavyweight sateen bud.

I do like the first pattern 51s, but I would only really be happy with a minty 48.

I keep hoping to hear somthing from somewhere, cash at the ready

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to be struggling to get a liner, I must have just about asked everyone globally without any luck at all ;0(

If anyone comes across a liner please give me a shout

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have the parka liner that's on the right side of the picture. This isn't my picture I just found it on the internet, I can't get any of my pics to upload since they're all too large. Does anyone know what is the name/nomenclature for this parka liner? Is it the liner for the for the M1948 parka? I've also seen it called or related to 1943, so I'm not sure if it was from WWII or Korean War era. If it's for the M1948, then it's the liner that has the wolf fur trim versus the outer shell of the parka (?). Any help you can give with the noun/nomenclature, picture descritption of the shell it goes with and any history is appreciated. Thanks.

post-110536-0-77651800-1363557728.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have the parka liner that's on the right side of the picture. This isn't my picture I just found it on the internet, I can't get any of my pics to upload since they're all too large. Does anyone know what is the name/nomenclature for this parka liner? Is it the liner for the for the M1948 parka? I've also seen it called or related to 1943, so I'm not sure if it was from WWII or Korean War era. If it's for the M1948, then it's the liner that has the wolf fur trim versus the outer shell of the parka (?). Any help you can give with the noun/nomenclature, picture descritption of the shell it goes with and any history is appreciated. Thanks.

post-110536-0-77651800-1363557728.jpg

It's what's known as a 10th mountain division parka I think. The pattern date on these is 1943

The brown alpaca pile liner on the right is worn under it.

As far as I'm aware there is no fur on the shell, the left one in your picture is the shell with the right pictured pile liner in it, the fur is only on the pile liners not the shells.

I've actually got one of these shells coming in the next few weeks funnily enough, mine is dated 1948 and is in unissued condition, I'll be looking for a pile liner for it next month

By all accounts they are a nice parka

Some of the mountain parka liners did get converted to fit M-48 parkas as an emergeny measure when they were short of them, in fact i have a friend that has an army converted on and it quite good, but it isn't a proper M-48 liner, it's definitely a 10th division mountian parka liner from WW2.

But it's still nice bud, if your looking to get rid of yours and its in good condition, including the fur, let me know, as I will be looking to get one for my shell soon, I'd be interested if its a large one.