USMC FMF PAC UNIFORMS

American Heritage

American Heritage

Seems some of these FMF PAC patched uniforms are hard to find. I love when the name inside matches up to the patch and I've had good luck on some of these matching the Marine to the unit. Still looking for more info on the FMF PAC and how it's personnel were utilized in the Pacific. Unless they were forced to sew them on, they were so proud of their units to display the FMFPAC patches depsite them not being combat division patches - but a lot of these guys did see combat.

Can we get some photos of these uniforms and names inside as they correspond to the units in the FMF PAC...

This is the first patched engineer I've seen with the castle on the patch!

post-10864-0-46852500-1355446390.jpg

I only have one named to a marine who was in the 2nd 155mm Howitzer Battalion. Unfortunate the jacket was stripped of its patches and I'm currently restoring it. The FMF PAC shape was there but the patch was missing.

I have another IDed to a Marine in the LVT forces but the war ended and he never went overseas.

Would love to have a LVT and DUWK FMF PAC jackets but they hardly pop up for sale. Check out my blog below I have a few pictured.

Of what I can figure out they were support Battalions that were attached to Marine Divisions but overall managed by the CORPS headquaters. They seemed to be proud of their FMF PAC affiliation as they were some unique battalions.

LF

Here's my two:

001-7.jpg

Guy from the 9th Defense battalion

003-3.jpg

I have an in depth post about this Lt. that served in the 4th Marine Ammo company.

I've always liked the FMF-PAC uniforms keep 'em coming guys!

American Heritage

Timberwolf,

nice examples! Thanks for posting them here. I remember your Lt. in the 4th Ammo which received the NUC for combat on the initial landing on Guam - we talked of this before I remember - same unit as the guy who's Supply/Ammo FMF PAC patched uniform that I have too!

As you may have already known, you have what I think is the rarer WHITE star FMF PAC Supply patch vice the YELLOW Star that is on my officer's example shown topside!

Timberwolf,

nice examples! Thanks for posting them here. I remember your Lt. in the 4th Ammo which received the NUC for combat on the initial landing on Guam - we talked of this before I remember - same unit as the guy who's Supply/Ammo FMF PAC patched uniform that I have too!

As you may have already known, you have what I think is the rarer WHITE star FMF PAC Supply patch vice the YELLOW Star that is on my officer's example shown topside!

This reminds me that I completely forgot about getting those pics of your guy to you! D'oh! I actually didn't realize that variation in the patches! How rare is that variation?-Ben

• 3 weeks later...
American Heritage

This reminds me that I completely forgot about getting those pics of your guy to you! D'oh! I actually didn't realize that variation in the patches! How rare is that variation?-Ben

Ben, I'm not sure how rare the white star version of that patch is exactly. I've never found a uniform with one of those on it - only seen them in photos here once in a great while. I've only been able to find yellow star FMF PAC patches.