USN ammo can with USMC ammo Legit?

Long Trang

Hello all,

I have a gent who wants to sell me a WWII ammo can that contains 4 bandoliers of 1952 dated 30-06 M2 in enblocs. Here are the caveats:

Can has been spray painted

The stamps USN and USMC look really bad. And everything is plastered with 44. Inside of the can, outside of the can, bandoliers, and bandolier straps.

The ammunition matches the same lot as the bandolier but I think someone is trying to make this something it's not. What says the hive? Is this a bogus piece? It does not give me the warm fuzzies and he wants to much for it. I can post up more photos if necessary.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

I'd get it only for the price of the parts. I don't seek out surplus ammunition to shoot, per se, but it's getting hard to find Garand safe ammunition for a sane price, wouldn't be bad to stick in the closet if it was cheap.

CMP ammo is about .55 cents per round when you include shipping. Multiply that by the number of rounds as a base price for the ammo alone. CMP ammo is currently Greek manufactured, USGI ammo is priced higher probably because it's getting harder to aquire.

Good to know. I should have stated that I don't seek out US surplus to shoot! Gotta join the local club and get something going with the CMP. Too expensive to take the M1 out otherwise.

Thanks fellas. I had "that feeling". I was going to offer him basically the sum of the parts. He's asking $145. Was thinking of actually stripping off the spray painted gray paint and restoring the can. On a side note...is there even such a beast as a USMC marked bandolier?