Anti tank weapon from yesteryear

Renegade

I went through Basic in 1980 and we used it quite awhile after that... I've gotten to fire a few live ones and more than a few dozen of the sub cal rounds... They are pretty accurate if you know how to use the sights. I dropped one into the open hatch of a target M113 once... was a once in a lifetime shot. This one looks in really good and complete condition.

Wayne

I thought I had seen a photo or two of a LAW strapped to someones back in afganistan or Iraq, Thought they had been out of inventory for some time so I was surprized. Having said that to us old farts from yesteryear it is a "older" weapon that has stood the test of time I guess! :)

• 1 month later...

We started training on these again in 2007 or 2008 in anticipation of them coming back into circulation. We carried a mix of these and AT-4s in Afghanistan. It's my understanding that, for the most part, AT-4s are no longer going to be ordered and current stocks will be used until depleted. We had a rocket shoot just before the holiday Leave Block and utilized both of these in trainers, and a few live AT-4s

Re Post #6: TECHNICALLY the LAW is not a WEAPON (despite what the ":W" stands for). Instead it is a piece of AMMUNITION, a consumable supply item, not serial-numbered not signed-for.

At least that was the case in VN days. I know this because a medic I knew was ordered to stop carrying a weapon in the field (he had a scrounged CAR-15 and a .45). So he made a point of carrying at least two LAWs -- because "they ain't WEAPONS, Lieutenant!"

Still holds true...since the AT-4 and LAW are pre-loaded and must be transported under regulations for explosives and stored at the ASP, they are technically considered ammo/demo

Once they're expended, they're considered dunnage