Feast your eyes on this rifle.

history-buff1944

Hello, purhaps Philippine Constabulary instead of contract? Also from what I have heard no original Philippine Contabulary Carbines survived (what was left was destroyed during WW2).

Terry in Colorado

I had one very similar years ago. I later discovered it was something made by Bannerman from a long Krag shortened down for cadet use -- note the '03 front sight! Constabulary Krags had Krag front sights as I recall.

G

history-buff1944

How did you determine it was a "Philippine contract"?

Simple--its what the seller claimed at the time. Other than that? I know little about Krags except that I enjoyed firing them when I was a yonker. ;-)) I had a standard rifle and not a shortened version or anykind of a Carbine version. Sadly, that rifle was stolen from the house some 30 or so years ago when we were away on vacation--never found yet.

history-buff1944

Hello, purhaps Philippine Constabulary instead of contract? Also from what I have heard no original Philippine Contabulary Carbines survived (what was left was destroyed during WW2).

Terry in Colorado

Hi Terry, i dont know for sure? might have also been a mis-slip of the sellers idea on it. I bought this one about 14-15 years ago and knew as much then on these as I do now. However, I am open to any new info and or corrections on my claims on this Krag. ;-))

history-buff1944

I had one very similar years ago. I later discovered it was something made by Bannerman from a long Krag shortened down for cadet use -- note the '03 front sight! Constabulary Krags had Krag front sights as I recall.

G

Thank you RR01 and Gil. I know almost nothing on these and am glad for seeing what you gents know. Also, I didnt know it was against forums rules to post my mauser rifle? I need as much info on it as I can get. I have some to go on thanks to research done by a Gent by the name of Dieter Stenger-who is or was--a historian for the US Marine Corps.

• 2 weeks later...

You might consider obtaining the Poyer book on the Krag. It's not that expensive and has a part-by-part breakdown on the rifles and carbines. There is also a Krag only forum on the 'net that is very informative.

G2