Randall Model 1 Westmoreland

RANDALL 1953

I have always loved the Randall made military knives. My favorite will always be the model 1 all purpose fighting knife. Being a Vietnam militaria collector I always wanted a model 1 like the one General Westmoreland carried in Vietnam. About 2 years ago I contacted Dave at Nordic knives and asked him if they could supply a model 1 similar to Westmorelands made by Randall. Dave stated that if I could supply the handle material it would be no problem, he even contacted Gary Randall for other info such as spacer color and blade type as to the original Westmoreland knife. I opted for white micarta as Ivory tends to develop cracks with time. Jim Treeman supplied me with the white micarta so my Randall will have a 7" stainless blade, red, white, & blue spacers, white linen micarta handle, & double nickle hilt. My Randall should be here in early April according to Dave. I know 2 years seems like a long wait but if I ordered directly from Randall I would get it in the year 2012 so it was worth the little extra to get it ordered through Nordic. The pic shows what it will look like along with a pic of Westmoreland wearing his in Vietnam.

post-2427-1203560015.jpg

post-2427-1203560053.jpg

I love a collector that shows this much enthusiasm. Respect thumbsup.gif

Does anyone know what happened to the General's actual knife?

Is it in a museum or was it part of his estate?

Plant#4 My order for this one was placed with Nordic on 5/10/2006. Price with shipping/ins. was $480.00. Mr-X Thanks I appreciate that. Im sure there are more VN collectors out there. Fake patches scare off a lot of people so I usually buy from vets or trusted dealers that are knowledgeable like Bob from Vintage, Larry Stone, Bill Brooks, or Jason Hardy. No idea about the Westmoreland Randall. I am a Randall Knife Society member and posted that question on the forums. Nobody seems to know.