My Stuff

Hawk914

I've been building models since I was about 8 or so, and have been a 'serious' builder since about 12-14. My interests are 1/48 and larger aircraft and 1/35 armor. I've not been able to finish a damn thing over the past few years, unfortunately, but am trying to get back into the groove. With the recent influx of 48th armor and vehicles by Tamigawa (Tamiya) a whole new world has opened up, and I can finally try some ideas that have been bouncing around inside the 'ole noggin for years.

Anyhoo, here's a sampling of my stuff. I'll post just one now, and add some from time to time. I'll also share some photos of friends' models, if there are no objections.

Tamiya 1/48 P-51D

Built mostly SOB except scratchbuilt belts and harnesses. Errormaster (Aeromaster) decals were used. I have a few things to add and fix yet, (including a godawful blemish on the starboard wing) but this is pretty much done.

339BL003a.jpg

The model is finished in the markings of a ship flown by Capt. Frank Stillwell, 503rd Fighter Squadron, 339th Fighter Group. This P-51D was a presentation aircraft from the students of Bloomfield High School, New Jersey. The students sold war bonds which helped to make possible the manufacture of this P-51, and the name is in reference to the school's basketball team, the 'Bengals'.

CaptainFrankStillwellandTheBengalLa.jpg

339BL007a.jpg

339BL004a.jpg

339BL008a.jpg

339BL010a.jpg

339BL013a.jpg

339BL015a.jpg

Oh, the emblem on the base is that of the 503rd FS and was hand-painted and distressed. I have to maybe touch up some of the line work.

DCP_9302a.jpg

More later...

Fade to Black...

I've been building models since I was about 8 or so, and have been a 'serious' builder since about 12-14. My interests are 1/48 and larger aircraft and 1/35 armor. I've not been able to finish a damn thing over the past few years, unfortunately, but am trying to get back into the groove. With the recent influx of 48th armor and vehicles by Tamigawa (Tamiya) a whole new world has opened up, and I can finally try some ideas that have been bouncing around inside the 'ole noggin for years.

Anyhoo, here's a sampling of my stuff. I'll post just one now, and add some from time to time. I'll also share some photos of friends' models, if there are no objections.

Tamiya 1/48 P-51D

Built mostly SOB except scratchbuilt belts and harnesses. Errormaster (Aeromaster) decals were used. I have a few things to add and fix yet, (including a godawful blemish on the starboard wing) but this is pretty much done.

More later...

Fade to Black...

Nice work. I always like to display my aircraft models on some sort of base. It takes more room on the shelf but showcases the model nicelty and adds interest.

Glad you guys like...

This isn't one of my better efforts, but it ain't horrible. This is the Hobbycrap P-40B/C. Aside from the fact that the kit itself isn't all that swell, I messed this one up pretty good by making a buncha detail errors. But if you're not a P-40 buff you probably won't notice any of the goofs.

This was built mostly SOB except for some brass belts (not seen here) and hydraulic lines on the landing gear made from copper wire. Oh, and the blast tubes for the nose guns were made from non-finned cryostat tubing that my Dad brought home from work years and years ago. (this stuff was used for cooling electronics in Hellfire missiles) Decals were from an old Microscale sheet.

P-4020thPG001.jpg

P-4020thPG005.jpg

P-4020thPG003.jpg

P-4020thPG002.jpg

Fade to Black...

Here's a few non-US subjects...

I build targets too! Both of these are 1/35 by Tamigawa. (Tamiya)

DCP_2149.jpg

DCP_2147.jpg

This is Hasegagme's (Hasegawa) 1/48 Hurri IIc.

Hurri002.jpg

Hurri001.jpg

This old Nichimo 1/48 Oscar wasn't totally finished when the photo was taken... and still isn't... LOL

CopyofKi-43.jpg

Bob Collignon photo

Fade to Black...

Love the weathered bases and the detail you put into these... you have got way too much patience! As for the godawful blemish on the wing, I think it kinda adds to it. However, that's my opinion and not my plane! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
WVUM1shooter

Oh and are what company do you get your kits from? They look to nice to be the ones from Wally world. I am still amazed by how well your models look!!