PLEASE READ: GARY MOHRLANG / GLM

ADMIN

I did not know him personally. He helped me a few times when he did not know me and did not have to. What more can you ask for from a fellow collector. Whenever I saw he had posted on any thread I made sure to read and re-read it. Always learned something from them. I lost my Dad to a heart attack in 2000. I know exactly what they are going through. One of the hardest things to deal with. I am very sorry for his family.

Scott

jeremiahcable

I am at a complete loss as to how to say what a good friend Gary was to me. To say that he taught me most of what I know about medals, patches and EGAs is just the tip of the mentoring and more importantly the friendship he gave me. He was always there with advice and encouragement for so many and he maintained a positive outlook on not just this increasingly difficult hobby but of life in general.

Gary, I'll miss you more than I can say and if I can do anything to help Marla and Jeff I will. Semper Fidelis brother, rest in peace.

Jeremiah

No words can remove the pain of a loss such as this but, my condolences & prayers go out to Gary's family, friends and those who were close to him on this forum.

If I may advise something to the admins...

Gary was so admired and liked here that give him special honorable title if I may advise and the forumers accept it. For example "Moderator of the USMF" or other honorable title for inactive moderator who gave this forum his best. It would be his small symbolic "monument" in the midst of the people who liked him very much and admired.

Gary you will be truly missed. What a shock for the family and this community. I pray for his family and hope they can find peace in this great loss.

4starchris

I was saddened to hear of his loss. Gary was quite a knowledgeable man and, from so many posts displayed here, it is easy to tell he was well liked and respected. He will be missed.

Ken

requiescat in pace

God rest this weary mans head, so that when the day comes he can be met with open arms in to the hereafter.

teufelhunde.ret

Dear Karla & Jeff, please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences at this time of need. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. And may we all rejoice in the special life the Lord has chosen to take away from us all... much too early.

Dear Gary,

I will miss you terribly, your friendship had become a cornerstone in my life...

I will miss logging onto the forum in the morning to see a PM from you...

I will miss our very early morning PM's... and those wonderful anecdotes...

I will miss your "old testament" posts...

I will miss hearing about your latest exploits in the hills, searching for arrowheads...

I will miss our chats about our early days as Marines, and barracks/squad bay/nightlife here in Beaufort...

I will miss reading your cirques of some of the EGA posts...

I will miss "our exchanges" as we attempted to sort out the mysteries of EGA history...

I will miss your quick wit and deliberate thought...

I will miss the respect you gave to all here, regardless of their level of experience or station in life...

I will miss your mentoring and enthsiasm...

I will miss this special way mentoring to all whom came to you for help and advise...

I will miss reading your posts on the whole range of collecting topics and your special way of making all feel welcomed...

I will miss hearing the stories of the early days in this hobby...

I will miss having someone to go to when I needed council...

Buddy... I will miss you deeply, today, tomorrow and forever. May you rest in peace... Godspeed. Semper Fidelis brother, Darrell

I am shocked and saddened to hear of Gary's tragic passing. He was truly respected by all in our hobby as a man of great knowledge, experience, and passion !! He was always there with a helping hand, a kind word and sure guidance.

My condolences to his family and all who consider a friend and mentor...

Vic

This is truly a sad day. Gary was a fine man and this hobby and we forum members are going to miss his input and his willingness to share.

Jim

Kurt Barickman

Wow, a great mind and person has left this community and joined another one on the other side. My deep condolences to the family in this time of pain and sorrow.

Kurt Barickman

This comes as a terrible shock. My heart sank when I heard. Gary was a great guy, willing to share his patience and knowledge with all collectors, young and old, new and senior. He loved to share his collection with us and we loved seeing it. I will greatly miss him throughout the EGA discussion and hobby as a whole.

Semper Fi, Gary. You will be missed