What's your favorite war movie ?

Screamingeagles101

BigDogMilitaria

Im a big Dean Martin fan, so "The Young Lions" has always been one of my favorites. To my surprise, i found an original one sheet of the movie poster at a local Flea Market right before Christmas. Its a great looking poster.

007-1.jpg

history-buff1944

Im a big Dean Martin fan, so "The Young Lions" has always been one of my favorites. To my surprise, i found an original one sheet of the movie poster at a local Flea Market right before Christmas. Its a great looking poster.

007-1.jpg

The Young Lions is pretty good. Im a Dean Martin fan too. My middle name is Dean and I got it thanks to my parents being big Martin fans.

PS a great and fairly priced source for original posters, lobby cards, stills and such is: www.movieposters.com

I always liked the movie APOCALYPSE NOW just for the cool music and cinimatogphapy

the PBR scenes are very well done when they travel up the river looking for Col Kurtz

not many Vietnam movies with Brown Water navy scenes

I wish they would make more Vietnam movies about the Game Wardens of VN with more PBR's and some Monitor gun boats

Just an FYI, but here is the link to where this topic was already done once with 85 posts.

http://www.usmilitar...-movie/page__hl__ favorite war movie

Best, John

I agree, a most popular topic to talk about, it gets restarted from the top every now again, here one that I remember, 7 pages 122 posts.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3388-the-best-25-war-movies/

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some of my favoriets

Purple Hearts (1984 R. Lee Ermey) My favoriet movie! Why? Because it's excellent!

Band Of Brothers (TV Series) My favoriet TV series!

Tour of Duty (1987 TV Series) Very close to being my favorite TV series

The Boys in Company C (1978 R. Lee Ermey)

Platoon

Apocalypse Now

Full Metal Jacket

The Dirty Dozen

To Hell and Back: The true WWII story of Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier in U.S. history. Based on the autobiography of Audie Murphy who stars as himself in the film.

I agree with so many of these already mentioned, so I won't be redundant. I would, however, like to add three to the list that I haven't seen listed:

The Steel Helmet, Fixed Bayonets (both written and directed by WWII 1st Inf. Div. veteran Sam Fuller) and Go For Broke.

Best to all -

Bill K.

There are some many good war movies it's hard to have a favorite .

We Were Soldiers

Black Hawk Down

12 O'Clock High

Patton

The Great Raid

A Bridge Too Far

I guess these are some of my favorites .

Ed

history-buff1944

I agree with so many of these already mentioned, so I won't be redundant. I would, however, like to add three to the list that I haven't seen listed:

The Steel Helmet, Fixed Bayonets (both written and directed by WWII 1st Inf. Div. veteran Sam Fuller) and Go For Broke.

Best to all -

Bill K.

Good choices. Ill also add: Target Zero which had: Richard Conte, Charles Bronson, Chuck Connors, Peggy Castle and L.Q. Jones.