Named Army Good Conduct Medals

Jay V

Reforger,

Thank you so much for providing me this information about the Charabowski brothers. I'll have to see what kind of records I have on Frank. If you ever want to part with this medal drop me a line. This kind of stuff really makes me like this hobby.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Bruce

Didn't save the link but I saw a Female GCM a few days ago on Ebay at a fair price.Also Thanks for keeping my thread alive,Jay

aerialbridge

Nice collection. The hand-engraving on the second one is particularly well done. Can anyone explain the convention for the Army engraving its GCMs of this period?

• 2 weeks later...

Army Good Conduct Medal named to "Sara V. Kesel". She served during the Korean War and later in the New York National Guard.

Kesel GCM.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting your great Good Conduct medals. I enjoyed seeing them. I especially liked the medals to Teresa Moretto and Una C. Dams. If you ever want to part with those let me know.

Bruce

Jumpin Jack

I think between Jay and Bruce, they have cornered the market on named Army Good Conduct Medals. Glad this has been discussed as I was totally unaware that some might have

rim numbers. Additionally, this is the first that I have seen wrapped brooch pieces. I have a few named medals, but all are attributed. Virtually all of mine are with the

original boxes, so if I can be of any help possibly identifying makers, I would be happy to do so. Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...