WWI, Military & Personal Items, out-of-the woodwork, Verdun Ltr

rrobertscv

All of this showed up on my desk this morning. This man was the G-Uncle of the lady who brought it. She gave me his 1915 High School diploma a month ago. His name is Benjamin Clofus Magers from Prentiss County, MS. The bullets were in the box. The Mason cards are his yearly membership cards and 50 year pin. She did tell me later today that they still have a "trunk" that belonged to him and she thought his medals were in it. Hope to see it later this week. I am looking for anything on where he served if someone has access to WWI books or records.

Letter-1.jpg

bullets.jpg

MISS0008D_Service-Cards-Box-19850-Loper-Marks_M_00722_tif.jpg

Notice1.jpg

Notice2.jpg

Paybook1.jpg

Paybook2.jpg

register.jpg

The 114th Inf. was part of the 29th Division, it took part in the Meuse-Argonne offensive in October 1918.

Nice grouping!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the scans of him and a couple of other things he had framed. Can someone tell me what the document in the last photo is, the scan is of the front and back?

pic.jpg

preamble.jpg

cert3.jpg

Nice photo,

I do not recognize the last certificate, it is likely some commemorative item issued by the French sometime around the 50th anniversary or later to surviving doughboys. It may have been accompanied by a medal or award.

RC

• 3 months later...

Very nice.

Any luck on that trunk? If she still has items like this, imagine what could be in there!

Not so far, it is one of those deals where they are not activley looking for it, but if they come across it, then I will get it.

Isn't that always the way! I have been trying to get a look at a SAW group for at least two years now!

I just have to keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait. :)

• 10 months later...